BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Sure, “Global Warming” is a myth. It’s February and the weather throughout Boca Raton today is what you would expect over the summer — although this summer we didn’t have the weather that you’d expect over the summer. The National Weather Service is calling for isolated heavy downpours throughout the afternoon, with flooding possible in some areas.
Here’s the official forecast and hazardous weather statement:
..LOCALLY HEAVY RAIN POSSIBLE…
…SLIGHT RISK OF THUNDERSTORMS…
…SLIGHT RISK OF RIP CURRENTS PALM BEACHES…
THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR SOUTH FLORIDA.
.DAY ONE…TODAY AND TONIGHT
THUNDERSTORMS: THERE IS A SLIGHT CHANCE FOR THUNDERSTORMS WITH
OCCASIONAL LIGHTNING STRIKES.
FLOODING: LOCALLY HEAVY RAIN IS POSSIBLE…WHICH WILL LEAD TO A
SLIGHT RISK FOR PONDING OF WATER IN THE TYPICALLY POOR DRAINAGE
WIND: A FEW STRONG GUSTS WILL BE POSSIBLE IN AND AROUND ANY
THUNDERSTORMS THAT DEVELOP.
RIP CURRENTS: ONSHORE WINDS COMBINED WITH 1 TO 3 FOOT SURF WILL
LEAD TO A SLIGHT RISK OF RIP CURRENTS ALONG THE PALM BEACH COUNTY
.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN…TUESDAY THROUGH SUNDAY
ISOLATED TO SCATTERED SHOWERS WILL REMAIN IN THE FORECAST THROUGH
THE MID-WEEK PERIOD AS A FRONTAL BOUNDARY BECOMES POSITIONED OVER
SOUTH FLORIDA. TEMPERATURES WILL REMAIN ABOVE AVERAGE.
.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT…
SPOTTER ACTIVATION IS NOT ANTICIPATED, HOWEVER INDIVIDUAL
SPOTTERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO REPORT FLOODING AND HIGH WIND TO THE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE FORECAST OFFICE IN MIAMI..
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW
- Fatal Shooting Under Investigation By Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office
- Major Boca Raton Gas Leak Now Under Control
- Wheelchair Disaster At Boca Raton’s Town Center Mall Leads To Lawsuit
- When You Drive A Tesla To A Boca Raton “Just Salad,” Hilarity Ensues
- CLAIM: Woman Goes Bonkers At A Boca Raton Animal Hospital
- Read The Lawsuit: Springsteen Drummer Max Weinberg Sues Boca Car Dealer
- Palm Beach County Could Give You $100,000 For A House
- Coconut Creek Man Killed In Head-On Crash South Of Boca Raton