BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Sure, “Global Warming” is a myth. It’s February and the weather throughout Boca Raton today is what you would expect over the summer — although this summer we didn’t have the weather that you’d expect over the summer. The National Weather Service is calling for isolated heavy downpours throughout the afternoon, with flooding possible in some areas.
Here’s the official forecast and hazardous weather statement:
..LOCALLY HEAVY RAIN POSSIBLE…
…SLIGHT RISK OF THUNDERSTORMS…
…SLIGHT RISK OF RIP CURRENTS PALM BEACHES…
THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR SOUTH FLORIDA.
.DAY ONE…TODAY AND TONIGHT
THUNDERSTORMS: THERE IS A SLIGHT CHANCE FOR THUNDERSTORMS WITH
OCCASIONAL LIGHTNING STRIKES.
FLOODING: LOCALLY HEAVY RAIN IS POSSIBLE…WHICH WILL LEAD TO A
SLIGHT RISK FOR PONDING OF WATER IN THE TYPICALLY POOR DRAINAGE
WIND: A FEW STRONG GUSTS WILL BE POSSIBLE IN AND AROUND ANY
THUNDERSTORMS THAT DEVELOP.
RIP CURRENTS: ONSHORE WINDS COMBINED WITH 1 TO 3 FOOT SURF WILL
LEAD TO A SLIGHT RISK OF RIP CURRENTS ALONG THE PALM BEACH COUNTY
.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN…TUESDAY THROUGH SUNDAY
ISOLATED TO SCATTERED SHOWERS WILL REMAIN IN THE FORECAST THROUGH
THE MID-WEEK PERIOD AS A FRONTAL BOUNDARY BECOMES POSITIONED OVER
SOUTH FLORIDA. TEMPERATURES WILL REMAIN ABOVE AVERAGE.
.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT…
SPOTTER ACTIVATION IS NOT ANTICIPATED, HOWEVER INDIVIDUAL
SPOTTERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO REPORT FLOODING AND HIGH WIND TO THE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE FORECAST OFFICE IN MIAMI..
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Obesity Clinic Sued Over Unsolicited Text Messages
- DEAD RISING: Florida’s COVID Death Count Rises By 137 In One Day
- POLICE: Husband Assaults Pregnant Wife In Boca Raton Bar
- South Palm Beach County Hospitals Filling With COVID Patients
- COVID CRISIS: Aloha Food Shack Packed, Boca Officials Do Nothing
- Palm Beach Schools Closed Monday
- Palm Beach Post Editor Sends Expletive Filled Email To Our Newsroom
- Are City of Boca Raton Restaurants, Stores Safe From COVID?
- FLORIDA: Another 205 Dead From COVID In One Day, Now 24K Deaths