BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Sure, “Global Warming” is a myth. It’s February and the weather throughout Boca Raton today is what you would expect over the summer — although this summer we didn’t have the weather that you’d expect over the summer. The National Weather Service is calling for isolated heavy downpours throughout the afternoon, with flooding possible in some areas.
Here’s the official forecast and hazardous weather statement:
..LOCALLY HEAVY RAIN POSSIBLE…
…SLIGHT RISK OF THUNDERSTORMS…
…SLIGHT RISK OF RIP CURRENTS PALM BEACHES…
THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR SOUTH FLORIDA.
.DAY ONE…TODAY AND TONIGHT
THUNDERSTORMS: THERE IS A SLIGHT CHANCE FOR THUNDERSTORMS WITH
OCCASIONAL LIGHTNING STRIKES.
FLOODING: LOCALLY HEAVY RAIN IS POSSIBLE…WHICH WILL LEAD TO A
SLIGHT RISK FOR PONDING OF WATER IN THE TYPICALLY POOR DRAINAGE
WIND: A FEW STRONG GUSTS WILL BE POSSIBLE IN AND AROUND ANY
THUNDERSTORMS THAT DEVELOP.
RIP CURRENTS: ONSHORE WINDS COMBINED WITH 1 TO 3 FOOT SURF WILL
LEAD TO A SLIGHT RISK OF RIP CURRENTS ALONG THE PALM BEACH COUNTY
.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN…TUESDAY THROUGH SUNDAY
ISOLATED TO SCATTERED SHOWERS WILL REMAIN IN THE FORECAST THROUGH
THE MID-WEEK PERIOD AS A FRONTAL BOUNDARY BECOMES POSITIONED OVER
SOUTH FLORIDA. TEMPERATURES WILL REMAIN ABOVE AVERAGE.
.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT…
SPOTTER ACTIVATION IS NOT ANTICIPATED, HOWEVER INDIVIDUAL
SPOTTERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO REPORT FLOODING AND HIGH WIND TO THE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE FORECAST OFFICE IN MIAMI..
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?