BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Police in Boca Raton are investigating the apparent theft of an iPad at the Apple Store in the Town Center Mall. It’s an “apparent” theft because the woman making the claim says she left the iPad on a table — unattended — and that it vanished. Apple, however, has surveillance video and it apparently shows nothing.
Unasked for comment from BocaNewsNow Editorial Staff: The Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) Store at the Town Center Mall is often overcrowded. Not a criticism, just an observation. It is illogical that anyone would leave anything of personal value sitting out in that store. At the same time, presumably because of the overcrowding, Apple always has greeters and what you might call “inventory control” specialists near the entrance. Also, iPads have built-in tracking, if the owner cares to set it up. Proving it’s a tech-savvy police department, Boca Police recently encouraged iPhone (and iPad) owners to do just that — as it could help Detectives find stolen units.
That didn’t happen in this case.
Take it for what it’s worth.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K