BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Police in Boca Raton are investigating the apparent theft of an iPad at the Apple Store in the Town Center Mall. It’s an “apparent” theft because the woman making the claim says she left the iPad on a table — unattended — and that it vanished. Apple, however, has surveillance video and it apparently shows nothing.
Unasked for comment from BocaNewsNow Editorial Staff: The Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) Store at the Town Center Mall is often overcrowded. Not a criticism, just an observation. It is illogical that anyone would leave anything of personal value sitting out in that store. At the same time, presumably because of the overcrowding, Apple always has greeters and what you might call “inventory control” specialists near the entrance. Also, iPads have built-in tracking, if the owner cares to set it up. Proving it’s a tech-savvy police department, Boca Police recently encouraged iPhone (and iPad) owners to do just that — as it could help Detectives find stolen units.
That didn’t happen in this case.
Take it for what it’s worth.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County: Free COVID-19 Testing Available
- READ THE REPORT: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Sexually Harassed Multiple Women
- Are Boca, Delray Restaurant Workers Wearing Masks? Tell Us, Others
- Woman, Three Times Legal Limit, Asks Boca PD To Help Her Get To Hawaii
- Parents Outraged, Fearful That Palm Beach Schools Won’t Mandate Masks
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF
- Want Local Misinformation On COVID-19? Check NextDoor App
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Far From Florida Has 20 Percent Development Chance