BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A driver who police say was driving erratically in the middle of the day on Palmetto Park Road may die as a result of injuries he sustained when he crashed into a tree.
69 Year Old Sanford J. Gubernik of Boca Raton was accelerating quickly on Palmetto Park near St. Andrews Blvd. when he “abruptly steered the vehicle to the left,” according to police. He then lost control of the car, a 2005 Dodge Viper, and drove in a northeasterly direction to the median. The car crashed into the median and impacted a tree.
Gubernik — who’s car displayed the license plate “GUB” — was rushed to Delray Medical Center where he remains in serious condition.
The accident remains under investigation by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office Vehicle Homicide Investigations Division.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender