BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Solid observations by neighbors and quick work by Boca Raton police officers led to the arrests of two young men who were — allegedly — attempting to break into cars.
Casey Berka, 20, and Set Dierksen, 18, were arrested for “loitering and prowling” in the 600 Block of NW 13th Street after a neighbor called police to report two “suspicious persons” going between vehicles and testing out door handles.
Berka fled when he was told to “stop” by Boca Police.
The person who called the police positively identified the two men during the modern-day equivalent of a “line up.”
They were taken to Palm Beach County Jail
Incidentally, Berka is no stranger to Boca Raton Police. He was arrested over the summer for marijuana possession with intent to sell.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County School Bus Drivers Infected With COVID As Numbers Climb District Wide
- Florida Adds 58,865 COVID-19 Cases In Just One Week
- Boca Raton Woman Pepper Sprays Husband As He Disciplines Daughter
- Mizner Park Tenants Sued For Unpaid Rent, Now Planet Blue Faces Eviction
- Police Seek Deerfield Beach Man Wanted For Manslaughter
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant
- REAL ESTATE WARNING: FAU Professor Says U.S. Housing Market Peaking, South Florida Overvalued
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students