BOCA RATON, FL (Boca Raton, FL) — Incredible story from Boca Raton Police who have made an arrest in a year old crime thanks to CODIS — the computer system you hear referenced in every episode of CSI, Hawaii 5-0, and pretty much any other TV police show in the last two decades.
Here’s what Boca PD just released:
The crime occurred on September 7, 2011. The victim, Lillian Martinez, had just returned home from shopping and pulled her car into the garage on SW 12th Road. As she got out of her car, a male walked into her garage, mumbled something, and then grabbed the purse she was carrying. After a brief struggle, the purse strap broke and the suspect ran away with the Martinez’s purse. Martinez was not injured.
Boca Raton Police Crime Scene Technicians processed the scene and collected evidence from the exterior of Martinez’s car. The evidence was sent to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office crime lab for DNA analysis. On February 7, 2012 Boca Raton Police detectives received a letter from the CODIS (Combined DNA Index System) Administrator stating the DNA from the exterior of Martinez’s car matched Reache Evans.
Detectives contacted Martinez and showed her a photo line-up. Martinez picked Evans out of the line-up and identified him as the robber. Based on an analysis of the evidence, Boca Raton detectives arrested Evans and charged him with home invasion robbery without a weapon.
(Photo: Reache Evans, PBSO Booking Photo)
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SIRENS: Dead In A Palm Beach Hotel, Crash On I-95, Fall At Olympic Heights High
- FLYING TODAY? JetBlue, United, Southwest All Reporting Delays Out Of Fort Lauderdale
- WEATHER: Stunning Days Ahead For Boca Raton, Delray Beach
- OMICRON: No Mask Change, Yet, For Palm Beach Schools
- SIRENS: Car Crashes At SunPass Building, Several Fall In Boca West, Pot Burns At Kings Point
- Boynton Man Who Allegedly Stole Kid’s College Fund Demands Article Removal, Not Happening
- Multiple High Priority Violations For Boca Raton Italian Restaurant
- SIRENS: Car Burns In Mizner Country Club, Car Crashes In Kings Point, Person Drunk In Publix
- Fort Lauderdale Airport: Parking Back To Normal, Garages Open Again