BOCA RATON, FL (Boca Raton, FL) — Incredible story from Boca Raton Police who have made an arrest in a year old crime thanks to CODIS — the computer system you hear referenced in every episode of CSI, Hawaii 5-0, and pretty much any other TV police show in the last two decades.
Here’s what Boca PD just released:
The crime occurred on September 7, 2011. The victim, Lillian Martinez, had just returned home from shopping and pulled her car into the garage on SW 12th Road. As she got out of her car, a male walked into her garage, mumbled something, and then grabbed the purse she was carrying. After a brief struggle, the purse strap broke and the suspect ran away with the Martinez’s purse. Martinez was not injured.
Boca Raton Police Crime Scene Technicians processed the scene and collected evidence from the exterior of Martinez’s car. The evidence was sent to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office crime lab for DNA analysis. On February 7, 2012 Boca Raton Police detectives received a letter from the CODIS (Combined DNA Index System) Administrator stating the DNA from the exterior of Martinez’s car matched Reache Evans.
Detectives contacted Martinez and showed her a photo line-up. Martinez picked Evans out of the line-up and identified him as the robber. Based on an analysis of the evidence, Boca Raton detectives arrested Evans and charged him with home invasion robbery without a weapon.
(Photo: Reache Evans, PBSO Booking Photo)
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees
- Palm Beach County Schools Hide Expulsion Information, Race Questions Raised
- Boca Isles South Resident Arrested Following Theft, Fire