DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — This is an absolutely horrible story out of Delray Beach where a truck driver — driving without a license — ran over a homeless man’s head, killing him.
Here is the report from Delray Beach PD:
Delray Beach Police officers were called to the public access parking lot behind 330 NE 4th Street. When the officers arrived, they found John Douglas Ongert deceased under a large white box truck. Traffic Homicide Investigator Cramer arrived at the scene and conducted an investigation. Through his investigation, Officer Cramer found that Mr. Ongert went to sleep under the box truck to get out of the rain and he fell asleep. The driver of the truck entered the truck and moved it forward. The rear tires rolled over Mr. Ongert’s head .Mr. Ongert died on scene.
Through his investigation, Officer Cramer also found that the driver of the box truck, Francisco Jiron-Bracamonte, was operating the truck without a driver’s license. He was subsequently arrested for Driving Without a Driver’s License causing a Fatality.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Unmasked Teachers Could Slow Return To Classroom
- Prostitution Charge For Seven Bridges Delray Resident
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely, Florida Should Watch
- Delray Woman Sues, Says Dunkin’ Coffee Cup Collapsed
- More Dead, More Infected In Florida As COVID Spread Continues
- Now 140 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- HURRICANE CENTER: South Florida Near System’s Path
- West Boca Raton’s David Cohen Jailed On Money Laundering, Fraud Charges
- UPDATE: DISTANCE LEARNING COULD END IN JANUARY, PALM BEACH SCHOOLS ISSUES STATEMENT