DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — This is an absolutely horrible story out of Delray Beach where a truck driver — driving without a license — ran over a homeless man’s head, killing him.
Here is the report from Delray Beach PD:
Delray Beach Police officers were called to the public access parking lot behind 330 NE 4th Street. When the officers arrived, they found John Douglas Ongert deceased under a large white box truck. Traffic Homicide Investigator Cramer arrived at the scene and conducted an investigation. Through his investigation, Officer Cramer found that Mr. Ongert went to sleep under the box truck to get out of the rain and he fell asleep. The driver of the truck entered the truck and moved it forward. The rear tires rolled over Mr. Ongert’s head .Mr. Ongert died on scene.
Through his investigation, Officer Cramer also found that the driver of the box truck, Francisco Jiron-Bracamonte, was operating the truck without a driver’s license. He was subsequently arrested for Driving Without a Driver’s License causing a Fatality.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- New Voting Rules: Palm Beach County Holds Town Hall Meeting Thursday
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Almost In “Green” COVID Zone
- POLICE: Sexual Predator Moves To West Boca Raton
- SILENCE: Emmitt Smith, The Boca Raton Silent On “Go Pink” Controversy
- REVEALED: We Have New Palm Beach School Superintendent’s Salary
- UPDATE: Delray Man Added Police Lights To Explorer, Pulled Over Cars In Boca Raton
- Teen Allegedly Attacked At Boynton Beach High Sues School Board
- Two Teens Missing, Police Seek Tips
- SUPER SPREADER? Emmitt Smith’s Boca Regional Go Pink Speech May Lead To Deaths