BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) – The Red Cross is gearing up for a big event here in Boca. Here’s what the Red Cross just sent us:
American Red Cross supporters, the “South County Angels,” will host the 25th Annual Mad Hatters Luncheon on Wednesday, March 7, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. at the Boca Country Club. The group is also celebrating its 25th anniversary since being founded in 1987 by Rita Hobbs.
This year’s gathering will feature a fashion show coordinated by former runway model, Su Su Smith with designs from several local boutiques; and what would a “Mad Hatters” luncheon be without the fun of a hat contest? Winners will be selected in several categories, so all are encouraged to show off their finest head fashions, as well. A silent auction and a raffle will round out the day to support the cause.
“We’re all very excited to be celebrating 25 years. Palm Beach County has a rich history with the American Red Cross and we are proud to continue this lovely tradition in support of the critical mission that they carry out when people need them the most,” said Bonnie Mason, President of the American Red Cross South County Angels.
The annual event is held by the Angels, a fund-raising group dedicated to advancing the mission of the American Red Cross; helping people prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School