BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) – The Red Cross is gearing up for a big event here in Boca. Here’s what the Red Cross just sent us:
American Red Cross supporters, the “South County Angels,” will host the 25th Annual Mad Hatters Luncheon on Wednesday, March 7, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. at the Boca Country Club. The group is also celebrating its 25th anniversary since being founded in 1987 by Rita Hobbs.
This year’s gathering will feature a fashion show coordinated by former runway model, Su Su Smith with designs from several local boutiques; and what would a “Mad Hatters” luncheon be without the fun of a hat contest? Winners will be selected in several categories, so all are encouraged to show off their finest head fashions, as well. A silent auction and a raffle will round out the day to support the cause.
“We’re all very excited to be celebrating 25 years. Palm Beach County has a rich history with the American Red Cross and we are proud to continue this lovely tradition in support of the critical mission that they carry out when people need them the most,” said Bonnie Mason, President of the American Red Cross South County Angels.
The annual event is held by the Angels, a fund-raising group dedicated to advancing the mission of the American Red Cross; helping people prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Sentencing For Female Fraudster, Seven Bridges Homeowner, Delayed
- DEAD ROACHES FOUND IN BOCA RATON RESTAURANT
- KINGS POINT: Convicted Cyberstalker Re-Arrested
- Man In Dominant-Submissive Relationship Submits To Feds, Sentenced To 50 Years
- Free School Supplies Available For 2022-23 Palm Beach County Students
- Boca Raton Mobile Home Destroyed Overnight In Blaze
- SWIMMING? These Area Pools Are Unsatisfactory, Says Health Dept.
- RESTRAINING DISABLED CHILDREN: PB Schools Set To Adopt Policy In Days
- TRAFFIC AHEAD: Expect Delays, Road Closures This Week In Palm Beach County