BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com via Press Release) — Florida Atlantic University’s department of English in the Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters will present author Eula Biss with a lecture titled “Writing Creative Nonfiction” on Tuesday, March 13 at 7 p.m., and a reading on Thursday, March 15 at 7 p.m. in the Live Oak Pavilion, FAU Student Union, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton campus.
Biss is the author of The Balloonists and Notes from No Man’s Land: American Essays. She describes The Balloonists, as “an essay on marriage in prose poetry.” The second book, an investigation of the history of racial identity in America told through a personal exploration of whiteness, won the 2009 National Book Critics Circle Award for criticism. Biss is currently a Guggenheim Fellow and teaches creative writing at Northwestern University. She is working on her next book, Quickening: On Medicine, Myth and Metaphor, which she describes as an exploration of the intersection of public health and private decisions in the areas of childbirth, breastfeeding, vaccinations and plastics.
The lecture and reading are free and open to the public. The lectures are made possible through an endowment gift by the Lawrence A. Sanders Foundation in memory of Sanders, a best-selling South Florida novelist. Support was also provided in part by the Palm Beach County Cultural Council. For more information, call 561-297-2553
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County: Free COVID-19 Testing Available
- READ THE REPORT: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Sexually Harassed Multiple Women
- Are Boca, Delray Restaurant Workers Wearing Masks? Tell Us, Others
- Woman, Three Times Legal Limit, Asks Boca PD To Help Her Get To Hawaii
- Parents Outraged, Fearful That Palm Beach Schools Won’t Mandate Masks
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF
- Want Local Misinformation On COVID-19? Check NextDoor App
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Far From Florida Has 20 Percent Development Chance