BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Atlantic University — as it continues its quest to dominate all medical news in South Florida — is preparing for “Pre-Health Professionals Day” on March 19th. The program will expose those who hope to work in medical fields just what is available at FAU.
Here are the details:
Florida Atlantic University’s Charles E. Schmidt College of Science will host “Pre-Health Professions Day” on Monday, March 19 from noon to 3:30 p.m. on the east patio of the Sanson Life Sciences Building, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton campus. The annual event connects students, alumni and the community with detailed information about health-related graduate education programs.
“FAU continues to act as a driving force for science, technology, engineering, math and medicine (STEM) education and careers,” said Gary W. Perry, Ph.D., dean of the College of Science at FAU. “Providing an opportunity to learn more about graduate school options arms the medical professionals of the future with the information and encouragement they need to move their careers forward.”
Participants will have an opportunity to speak with admission representatives from various health-related graduate and professional programs, including chiropractic; dental; exercise and health promotion; medicine; nursing; occupational therapy; optometry; pharmacy; physical therapy; physician assistant; podiatry; and veterinary medicine. The admission representatives will share information about specific programs, answer related questions and provide information about unique opportunities within their programs.
Organizations scheduled to appear in a school showcase include FAU’s Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing, the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine, as well as FAU’s Department of Exercise Science and Health Promotion; Florida State University’s College of Medicine; Nova Southeastern University’s College of Osteopathic Medicine; The Ohio State University School of Dental Medicine; University of Central Florida’s College of Medicine; University of Florida’s College of Pharmacy and School of Medicine; the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine; and University of South Florida’s College of Medicine.
Several FAU pre-health clubs will conduct workshops, including intubation and suture demonstrations; an exotic animal presentation; “Design Your Own Scrubs;” “First ‘Impressions,’” and “Medical Jeopardy.”
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected