BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Fire Rescue just updated us about an accident you may have seen — or felt the effects of — this afternoon at the I-95 on ramp at Yamato Road.
Here’s what Fire Rescue provided to us:
At approximately 3:30pm, 9-1-1 operators received a call that a car had overturned on the southbound entrance ramp to I-95 at Yamato Road. Fire crews arrived within minutes to find a Ford Explorer on its side. Rescue crews noted there was one person, unconscious inside the vehicle. The ramp was immediately shut down by Boca Raton Police to assure rescue workers safety. Special stands were used to stabilize the vehicle while crews worked in the rain to cut and remove the roof. Rescue workers carefully removed the victim and he wastransported to Boca Raton Regional Hospital for evaluation and further treatment. The I-95 ramp was closed for approximately 1 hour. The cause of the accident is unknown at this time and is being investigated by Florida Highway Patrol.
Photo courtesy: Frank Correggio, Boca Raton Fire Rescue.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Man, Registered Sex Offender, Arrested Again For Sex Crime
- Teacher, Arrested By Boca Raton Police, Set To Be Fired Today
- Delray’s Tiffany Terrazzano Jailed On Repeat Charge
- Palm Beach County Extends Mask Mandate, Some Fear DeSantis Will Ban It
- Huge Jump In Florida COVID Cases
- POTTY PROBLEM! High Profile Boca Building Sends Tenants To Porta-Johns
- Thieves Targeting Target Wanted By Police
- Alabama Company Buys Boca Raton Assisted Living Facility
- RIGHT NOW: CVS Has COVID-19 Vaccine In South Florida, Sign Up