BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We are thrilled to share photos that were just sent our way from the Stand Among Friends event held at FAU on Sunday, February 26th. More than 1500 people came out to support the organization that provides career and employment assistance for the disabled community, allowing them to live an independent and fulfilling life.
SAF founder Shawn Friedkin started the non-profit after suffering a horrible car accident that left him paralyzed and wheelchair bound at age 28.
Years later, the organization provides services to over 600 disabled local citizens each year thanks to fundraising efforts like this event.
For more, visit StandAmongFriends.org.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray’s Tiffany Terrazzano Jailed On Repeat Charge
- Palm Beach County Extends Mask Mandate, Some Fear DeSantis Will Ban It
- Huge Jump In Florida COVID Cases
- POTTY PROBLEM! High Profile Boca Building Sends Tenants To Porta-Johns
- Thieves Targeting Target Wanted By Police
- Alabama Company Buys Boca Raton Assisted Living Facility
- RIGHT NOW: CVS Has COVID-19 Vaccine In South Florida, Sign Up
- Mizner Country Club Sued For Discrimination, Ex-Bartender Claims Sexual Assault
- HURRICANE: First Forecast Set For Early April