BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We are thrilled to share photos that were just sent our way from the Stand Among Friends event held at FAU on Sunday, February 26th. More than 1500 people came out to support the organization that provides career and employment assistance for the disabled community, allowing them to live an independent and fulfilling life.
SAF founder Shawn Friedkin started the non-profit after suffering a horrible car accident that left him paralyzed and wheelchair bound at age 28.
Years later, the organization provides services to over 600 disabled local citizens each year thanks to fundraising efforts like this event.
For more, visit StandAmongFriends.org.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Police: Man Slams Car Into Pedestrian, Drags Him To Death
- FLORIDA COVID: Big Jump In New Infections, But It’s Not All Bad News
- Will COVID Shot Be Mandatory For Palm Beach County School Students?
- Strangulation Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Man
- University of Miami Fined $22M For False Billing
- Masks Not On Next Palm Beach County School Board Agenda
- CLAIM: Boca Raton Investment Firm Defrauded Seniors, Took 4.2M In PPP Funds
- POLO CLUB BOCA: Palm Beach County Alleges Building Permit Fraud
- POLICE: Woman Sold Cocaine Near Delray Beach School