BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We are thrilled to share photos that were just sent our way from the Stand Among Friends event held at FAU on Sunday, February 26th. More than 1500 people came out to support the organization that provides career and employment assistance for the disabled community, allowing them to live an independent and fulfilling life.
SAF founder Shawn Friedkin started the non-profit after suffering a horrible car accident that left him paralyzed and wheelchair bound at age 28.
Years later, the organization provides services to over 600 disabled local citizens each year thanks to fundraising efforts like this event.
For more, visit StandAmongFriends.org.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach