BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Just in from the Boca Raton Police Department: Police are asking for the public’s assistance in identifying — or providing information about — remains found in the area of 7940 North Federal Highway — this is the very north end of Boca Raton.
From the police:
Boca Raton Police officers responded to a report of human remains found in the wooded area near 7940 North Federal Highway. The caller told officers that a homeless male came into her place of business and said there was a body nearby.
Arriving officers quickly located the remains of a male, which appeared to have been there for several months. Officers located identification near the remains, but detectives have not yet determined if the identification belongs to the remains. Investigators continue to comb the scene for additional evidence, but have not found anything suspicious. Boca Raton detectives are working with the Medical Examiner’s Office.
This investigation is ongoing. If anyone has information about this case, they are asked to call Detective Ronald Mello at (561) 620-6186 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS.
View Larger Map
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens