BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Mort Victor and Adelle Ridless unknowingly ate their last meal at Legal Seafood at Boca’s Town Center Mall before coming home and dying — apparent victims of carbon monoxide poisoning, possibly from a Mercedes Benz sedan.
The two were found in their home on Travelers Tree Drive in the Palms neighborhood in Boca Pointe. It is believed they died in the overnight hours between February 29th and March 1st.
In a report just released by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, investigators found a receipt from Legal Seafood dated February 29th under the key for the Mercedes the couple use. Investigators are analyzing the car and its computer system to determine if the car turned itself on, sending deadly carbon monoxide fumes through the house while the couple slept.
Fumes were present when investigators arrived on the scene.
Victor, 79, and Ridless, 69, were found on March 1st by friends who were concerned that no one was answering the phone. Victor and Ridless were scheduled to fly out of town the afternoon of March 1st.
A report analyzing the computer systems in the Mercedes is pending. Here is the police report.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Zoom Eliminates 40 Minute Limit For Thanksgiving
- At Least Eleven Hospitalized Today For COVID in Palm Beach County
- COVID FLORIDA: Another 8085 Infected, Another 72 Dead
- SOLD: Eagles Landing And The Night Owls Camp To Change Hands
- LAWSUIT: Spanish River High School Assistant Principal Discriminated Against Custodian
- Boca Raton Surgeon John Baker Jailed, Allegedly Pointed Gun At Student
- DEATHSANTIS: Florida Tops 18,000 COVID-19 Deaths, Governor Silent On Grim Milestone
- Broward County Donates 15,000 Pounds Of Food For Thanksgiving
- BOYNTON POLICE: 81 Year Old Man Charged With DUI In Fatal Crash