BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Mort Victor and Adelle Ridless unknowingly ate their last meal at Legal Seafood at Boca’s Town Center Mall before coming home and dying — apparent victims of carbon monoxide poisoning, possibly from a Mercedes Benz sedan.
The two were found in their home on Travelers Tree Drive in the Palms neighborhood in Boca Pointe. It is believed they died in the overnight hours between February 29th and March 1st.
In a report just released by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, investigators found a receipt from Legal Seafood dated February 29th under the key for the Mercedes the couple use. Investigators are analyzing the car and its computer system to determine if the car turned itself on, sending deadly carbon monoxide fumes through the house while the couple slept.
Fumes were present when investigators arrived on the scene.
Victor, 79, and Ridless, 69, were found on March 1st by friends who were concerned that no one was answering the phone. Victor and Ridless were scheduled to fly out of town the afternoon of March 1st.
A report analyzing the computer systems in the Mercedes is pending. Here is the police report.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TWO TROPICAL WAVES EXPECTED TO BECOME DEPRESSIONS WITHIN DAYS
- WE’RE CONFUSED: Lee County Opposed Mask Mandates, But Angry Over No Evacuation Order?
- POLICE INVESTIGATE DRIVE-BY GEL GUN ATTACK IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH
- North Carolina Woman Drives On Rims In Boca Raton, Is Arrested For DUI
- PALM BEACH COUNTY REAL ESTATE MARKET TANKS
- WHAT’S IT DOING? New Tropical Wave Meandering, But Growing, South Of Florida
- Deputy Shoots Pit Bull But Bullet Travels Through Dog Into Another Deputy
- CHILD LEFT AT SCHOOL HE DOESN’T ATTEND, PARENTS CAN’T BE FOUND
- STUNNING FORM TO BE APPROVED BY PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS