BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Mort Victor and Adelle Ridless unknowingly ate their last meal at Legal Seafood at Boca’s Town Center Mall before coming home and dying — apparent victims of carbon monoxide poisoning, possibly from a Mercedes Benz sedan.
The two were found in their home on Travelers Tree Drive in the Palms neighborhood in Boca Pointe. It is believed they died in the overnight hours between February 29th and March 1st.
In a report just released by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, investigators found a receipt from Legal Seafood dated February 29th under the key for the Mercedes the couple use. Investigators are analyzing the car and its computer system to determine if the car turned itself on, sending deadly carbon monoxide fumes through the house while the couple slept.
Fumes were present when investigators arrived on the scene.
Victor, 79, and Ridless, 69, were found on March 1st by friends who were concerned that no one was answering the phone. Victor and Ridless were scheduled to fly out of town the afternoon of March 1st.
A report analyzing the computer systems in the Mercedes is pending. Here is the police report.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified