BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Florida Atlantic University student apparently suffered a serious psychological problem in the midst of a class on evolution, erupting in expletives and then threatening to kill the professor and students in the class.
According to FAU’s student run newspaper, UPressOnline.com, Jonatha Carr interrupted the professor and asked, “how does evolution kill black people?”
She asked the question four times.
The professor, according to the article by Rachel Chapnick, responded that evolution doesn’t kill anyone.
Associate Professor Stephen Kajiura told the paper that, “she became increasingly belligerent. It was at this point, a (she was a) highly emotional charged individual who was no longer capable of responding rationally. She was threatening to kill both me and the students in the class.”
FAU authorities responded to the scene. No word yet if any charges have been filed against Carr. We understand she is receiving medical attention.
HERE IS THE VIDEO:
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA: Local Pediatricians Not Sure They’ll Offer COVID-19 Shot To Young Kids
- Vehicular Homicide Charge For Boca Raton’s Christopher Gallon
- BOCA WEST SUED OVER DEAD GOLF CART DRIVER
- Housing Markets NOT Slowing, According To New Study By FAU, FIU Professors
- Boca Raton’s Marshal Seeman Owes American Express $225,000
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Off Northeast Coast
- FIRE TRUCK CRASH: Who Is At Fault In Boca Raton Fire Truck Rollover? County Silent.
- FLORIDA: Student Brings Tasers, Marijuana Edibles To Area School
- QUITTING? “The Great Resignation” Won’t Forever Help Job Seekers, Says FAU Prof.