BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Florida Atlantic University student apparently suffered a serious psychological problem in the midst of a class on evolution, erupting in expletives and then threatening to kill the professor and students in the class.
According to FAU’s student run newspaper, UPressOnline.com, Jonatha Carr interrupted the professor and asked, “how does evolution kill black people?”
She asked the question four times.
The professor, according to the article by Rachel Chapnick, responded that evolution doesn’t kill anyone.
Associate Professor Stephen Kajiura told the paper that, “she became increasingly belligerent. It was at this point, a (she was a) highly emotional charged individual who was no longer capable of responding rationally. She was threatening to kill both me and the students in the class.”
FAU authorities responded to the scene. No word yet if any charges have been filed against Carr. We understand she is receiving medical attention.
HERE IS THE VIDEO:
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud
- Delray Beach, Boca Raton Real Estate Prices Soar, Inventory Drops
- No School Friday, Palm Beach County Schools To Close For Students
- Delray Beach Woman Facing Fraud, Drug Charges