BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Florida Atlantic University student apparently suffered a serious psychological problem in the midst of a class on evolution, erupting in expletives and then threatening to kill the professor and students in the class.
According to FAU’s student run newspaper, UPressOnline.com, Jonatha Carr interrupted the professor and asked, “how does evolution kill black people?”
She asked the question four times.
The professor, according to the article by Rachel Chapnick, responded that evolution doesn’t kill anyone.
Associate Professor Stephen Kajiura told the paper that, “she became increasingly belligerent. It was at this point, a (she was a) highly emotional charged individual who was no longer capable of responding rationally. She was threatening to kill both me and the students in the class.”
FAU authorities responded to the scene. No word yet if any charges have been filed against Carr. We understand she is receiving medical attention.
HERE IS THE VIDEO:
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.
- REMINDER: School Resumes Across Palm Beach County On Monday
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TROUBLE: COMPUTER PROBLEMS ON BUSY TRAVEL DAY
- POLICE: Boynton Woman “Emotionally Unstable” When Attacked Boyfriend
- ZINGER’S DELI BOCA RATON: 27 VIOLATIONS LOGGED BY STATE INSPECTOR
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County School Choice Deadline Approaching