PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A major step forward for Palm Beach County Schools in its effort to assist those with hearing disabilities — especially at public events. We just received this from the school district:
All public schools in Palm Beach County will soon have Assisted Listening Device (ALD) systems installed with the requirement that they be available for all events utilizing Public Address (PA) systems. The installations are part of the District’s efforts to bring every school into compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and should be utilized even during events hosted by organizations leasing school facilities if PA systems are being used.
Fred Cahill, an administrator with Facilities Services, said Assisted Listening Devices benefit the staff and general public who attend meetings, performances and work shops at all of the Districts schools and facilities. “People that have auditory impairments will be able to clearly hear everything that comes over our Public Address systems by using the ALD receivers. Neck loop and blue tooth- type ear pieces will enable sound and speech to be clearly and sharply heard from anywhere in a room that has a system,” he explained.
Installation in schools is already underway and is expected to be completed by the end of the school year. Training of specified school staff is conducted when the systems are installed.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 877-5FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Rental Assistance Offered By City of Boynton Beach
- Florida Residents Scammed By Former NFL Player Says DOJ
- BOCA POLICE: Teen Uses Stolen Credit Card But Her Real Address, Is Busted
- New Voting Rules: Palm Beach County Holds Town Hall Meeting Thursday
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Almost In “Green” COVID Zone
- POLICE: Sexual Predator Moves To West Boca Raton
- SILENCE: Emmitt Smith, The Boca Raton Silent On “Go Pink” Controversy
- REVEALED: We Have New Palm Beach School Superintendent’s Salary
- UPDATE: Delray Man Added Police Lights To Explorer, Pulled Over Cars In Boca Raton