PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A major step forward for Palm Beach County Schools in its effort to assist those with hearing disabilities — especially at public events. We just received this from the school district:
All public schools in Palm Beach County will soon have Assisted Listening Device (ALD) systems installed with the requirement that they be available for all events utilizing Public Address (PA) systems. The installations are part of the District’s efforts to bring every school into compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and should be utilized even during events hosted by organizations leasing school facilities if PA systems are being used.
Fred Cahill, an administrator with Facilities Services, said Assisted Listening Devices benefit the staff and general public who attend meetings, performances and work shops at all of the Districts schools and facilities. “People that have auditory impairments will be able to clearly hear everything that comes over our Public Address systems by using the ALD receivers. Neck loop and blue tooth- type ear pieces will enable sound and speech to be clearly and sharply heard from anywhere in a room that has a system,” he explained.
Installation in schools is already underway and is expected to be completed by the end of the school year. Training of specified school staff is conducted when the systems are installed.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca High, Don Estridge Highest COVID Infections In South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation