UPDATE: Chief Tyson has been fired by Lantana’s City Manager.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Lantana Police Chief Jeffrey Thomas Tyson was arrested by Boca Raton Police for DUI Wednesday afternoon following a crash in the 6400 block of North Military Trail.
According to Boca Raton Police, Lantana Chief Tyson struck an unmarked Palm Beach County Sheriff’s vehicle, then fled the scene of the accident.
The Deputy in the unmarked car pulled along side of Tyson — driving a Maroon Explorer owned by the City of Lantana — and ordered him to pull over. Tyson responded with, “what do you want? I only bumped you.”
According to the Deputy, when Wood finally did pull into a parking lot, he struck the parking bumper “hard,” appeared “confused and disoriented,” and smelled of alcohol when he spoke.
Boca Raton Police responded to the scene and Tyson stated, “I tapped him in the ass, no big deal.” He also stated he was on Federal Highway, on the way home from his doctor.
The Boca Raton officer explained to Tyson that he was NOT on Federal Highway, but on North Military Trail.
Tyson later refused a field sobriety test. His breath test revealed a blood alcohol content of .229 and .234. The legal limit in Florida is .08.
Read the somewhat incredible Probable Cause Affidavit by clicking here.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Corey Zeidman, Boca Raton Poker Pro, Indicted On Federal Fraud Charges
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH: ANOTHER HOMEOWNER HEADS TO FEDERAL PRISON
- BREAKING: TWO DEAD IN FIREY CRASH ON I-95, ROAD CLOSED
- Tri-Rail Train Hits, Kills Pedestrian Late Wednesday Morning In South Florida
- If You’re Looking For Kelley McIsaac, She’s In Jail, And We Know Why
- Tri-Rail Service Resumes Following Massive System Failure
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County Public School Year Ends Thursday
- Train Strikes, Kills Man South Of Boca Raton, Roads Closed
- FOURTEEN STUDENTS DEAD IN TEXAS SCHOOL SHOOTING, ONE TEACHER