BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Pompano Beach man who walked in to the path of an oncoming car early Sunday morning in suburban Boca Raton has died, according to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.
Investigators say that Victor Perry Riggs, 47, of 2700 NE 11th Terrace in Pompano Beach, walked off the median in the area of 20101 Lyons Road around 2am Sunday and was struck by an oncoming car driven by 18 year old Jason Rivera of Boynton Beach.
Rivera was driving northbound.
It’s unclear why Riggs was originally on the median, or walked into the street as Rivera’s car approached.
No charges have been filed at this time.
The investigation continues.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens