BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The President’s economic speech at Florida Atlantic University is scheduled to start shortly. The White House is streaming the event, which is set to start at 2:55p, live by clicking here for the FAU Website, or here for the White House Website.
Traffic in the area is, in a word, ‘difficult.’ For live traffic updates, click here to view instant updates from the Florida511 Traffic Information Center.
As we’ve been reporting throughout the day:
· Traffic on I-95, Glades Road and campus roads will be extremely congested, so commuter students and employees should consider carpooling or arranging to be dropped off and picked up by friends or family members rather than driving their cars onto campus from noon until 5 p.m.
· Classes will be held as usual, with the exception of Lifelong Learning Society classes, which are cancelled on Tuesday. They will be rescheduled at a later date.
· Exercise Science classes will be moved from the FAU Arena. Students should contact appropriate faculty to learn where their classes will be held.
· All parking lots west of West University Drive (Lots 10, 12, 13, 14 and 15) will be closed beginning at 1 a.m. Tuesday. This includes the lots around the Arena, the track, the Field House and the Oxley Center, which will all be closed on Tuesday.
· Alternate parking will be available in Lot 5 and on the gravel lot north of the stadium. Parking on the grass will be permitted off St. Lucie Ave., across from Lot 25. Parking for students, faculty, staff and event attendees will be provided at these locations and on the paved area north of Palm Beach State College (accessible from Palm Beach Avenue and N.W. 35th St.). Campus shuttle routes will be adjusted to include these areas. The campus shuttle will not run to the athletics complex on Tuesday except to take attendees to the presidential event.
· West University Drive will be closed to all traffic from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. Traffic entering campus from Glades Road during this timeframe will have to use East University Drive. Traffic on Volusia Street and Dade Avenue will be routed onto Indian River Street and directed toward East University Drive during the closure. Those exiting Lot 16 and Parking Garage I at this time will be directed to Dade Avenue.
· In view of the greatly increased traffic expected on the east side of campus in the afternoon, Henderson School and Slattery Center parents are advised to use the 20th Street or Spanish River Boulevard entrances when picking up their children.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach