BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton police are investigating a shooting as part of a road rage incident that happened Wednesday evening near Palmetto Park Road and I-95.
According to police, caller to dispatch, who was driving a maroon Toyota Camry, told officers that he and his passenger made the left turn from southbound Military Trail onto eastbound Palmetto Park Road, when they had a brief exchange of words with an unknown male in a dark colored car. The 25 year old caller said when he made the turn from Military Trail, the driver of the suspect vehicle, described as a Hispanic male, moved from the inside lane to the outside lane. The suspect then pulled up next to the victim’s vehicle and fired at least three shots, striking the 22 year old passenger in the leg. The caller told officers there were at least two people in the suspect vehicle, and it was last seen heading east on Palmetto Park Road from the area of the K-Mart Plaza.
The passenger sustained non-life threatening injuries and was transported to Delray Medical Center. If anyone witnessed this crime or has any information about this incident, they are asked to call Detective Scott Hanley at (561) 338-1344 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS.
Dark colored car with dark tinted windows
Possibly a Japanese make with a very loud muffler
Hispanic male driver, with dark hair and facial hair
At least one other person in the car
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police