BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton police are investigating a shooting as part of a road rage incident that happened Wednesday evening near Palmetto Park Road and I-95.
According to police, caller to dispatch, who was driving a maroon Toyota Camry, told officers that he and his passenger made the left turn from southbound Military Trail onto eastbound Palmetto Park Road, when they had a brief exchange of words with an unknown male in a dark colored car. The 25 year old caller said when he made the turn from Military Trail, the driver of the suspect vehicle, described as a Hispanic male, moved from the inside lane to the outside lane. The suspect then pulled up next to the victim’s vehicle and fired at least three shots, striking the 22 year old passenger in the leg. The caller told officers there were at least two people in the suspect vehicle, and it was last seen heading east on Palmetto Park Road from the area of the K-Mart Plaza.
The passenger sustained non-life threatening injuries and was transported to Delray Medical Center. If anyone witnessed this crime or has any information about this incident, they are asked to call Detective Scott Hanley at (561) 338-1344 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS.
Dark colored car with dark tinted windows
Possibly a Japanese make with a very loud muffler
Hispanic male driver, with dark hair and facial hair
At least one other person in the car
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom
- LOTS OF DEATH: Florida Again Reporting High COVID Death Numbers, Infections
- COVID: Lynn University Continues “Block” Scheduling Through Spring
- COVID: Palm Beach School Board Member Calls For More Transparency
- COVID: Palm Beach County Schools Report More Cases, But No Outbreak
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud