BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton police are investigating a shooting as part of a road rage incident that happened Wednesday evening near Palmetto Park Road and I-95.
According to police, caller to dispatch, who was driving a maroon Toyota Camry, told officers that he and his passenger made the left turn from southbound Military Trail onto eastbound Palmetto Park Road, when they had a brief exchange of words with an unknown male in a dark colored car. The 25 year old caller said when he made the turn from Military Trail, the driver of the suspect vehicle, described as a Hispanic male, moved from the inside lane to the outside lane. The suspect then pulled up next to the victim’s vehicle and fired at least three shots, striking the 22 year old passenger in the leg. The caller told officers there were at least two people in the suspect vehicle, and it was last seen heading east on Palmetto Park Road from the area of the K-Mart Plaza.
The passenger sustained non-life threatening injuries and was transported to Delray Medical Center. If anyone witnessed this crime or has any information about this incident, they are asked to call Detective Scott Hanley at (561) 338-1344 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS.
Dark colored car with dark tinted windows
Possibly a Japanese make with a very loud muffler
Hispanic male driver, with dark hair and facial hair
At least one other person in the car
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- When You Drive A Tesla To A Boca Raton “Just Salad,” Hilarity Ensues
- CLAIM: Woman Goes Bonkers At A Boca Raton Animal Hospital
- Read The Lawsuit: Springsteen Drummer Max Weinberg Sues Boca Car Dealer
- Palm Beach County Could Give You $100,000 For A House
- Coconut Creek Man Killed In Head-On Crash South Of Boca Raton
- Jail Van, Prisoner Bus Crash In North Broward County
- Fire Ravages West Boca Raton Home Overnight
- Cool Weather Is Here! Boca Raton, Delray Beach To Drop Into 50’s
- Boca Chase Chases $2300 By Foreclosing On Homeowner