BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton police are investigating a shooting as part of a road rage incident that happened Wednesday evening near Palmetto Park Road and I-95.
According to police, caller to dispatch, who was driving a maroon Toyota Camry, told officers that he and his passenger made the left turn from southbound Military Trail onto eastbound Palmetto Park Road, when they had a brief exchange of words with an unknown male in a dark colored car. The 25 year old caller said when he made the turn from Military Trail, the driver of the suspect vehicle, described as a Hispanic male, moved from the inside lane to the outside lane. The suspect then pulled up next to the victim’s vehicle and fired at least three shots, striking the 22 year old passenger in the leg. The caller told officers there were at least two people in the suspect vehicle, and it was last seen heading east on Palmetto Park Road from the area of the K-Mart Plaza.
The passenger sustained non-life threatening injuries and was transported to Delray Medical Center. If anyone witnessed this crime or has any information about this incident, they are asked to call Detective Scott Hanley at (561) 338-1344 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS.
Dark colored car with dark tinted windows
Possibly a Japanese make with a very loud muffler
Hispanic male driver, with dark hair and facial hair
At least one other person in the car
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 877-5FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Rental Assistance Offered By City of Boynton Beach
- Florida Residents Scammed By Former NFL Player Says DOJ
- BOCA POLICE: Teen Uses Stolen Credit Card But Her Real Address, Is Busted
- New Voting Rules: Palm Beach County Holds Town Hall Meeting Thursday
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Almost In “Green” COVID Zone
- POLICE: Sexual Predator Moves To West Boca Raton
- SILENCE: Emmitt Smith, The Boca Raton Silent On “Go Pink” Controversy
- REVEALED: We Have New Palm Beach School Superintendent’s Salary
- UPDATE: Delray Man Added Police Lights To Explorer, Pulled Over Cars In Boca Raton