BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We mention because we kinda have to. Pop sensation Justin Bieber will be visiting St. Andrews School in Boca Raton today to honor students who helped raise nearly $52,000 for Pencils of Promise, a non-profit organization that builds schools in areas of the world where education is lacking.
In terms of St. Andrews math, where tuition runs $25,170 a year for a high-school aged student, the school’s fundraising efforts would provide one year of education to two students.
Parents, according to the Sun Sentinel, will not be invited to the event. Boca Raton Police will have an increased presence in the area. The paper reports that students Briana Finocchiaro, 12, and siblings Angelia and Nicolas — both 9 — raised $51,738 by setting up a web page for Pencils of Promise. Their mother, MaryJo Finocchiaro, is on St. Andrews search committee.
Pencils of Promise is said to be one of Justin Bieber’s favorite charities.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County Offering Summer Camp Scholarships
- Delray’s Georgios Pappas Charged With DUI
- Trump’s Palm Beach County Passes 100,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Publix COVID Shot Reservations Open Again Friday
- Graffiti Vandal Strikes West Delray Beach Community
- Palm Beach School District Adds Nearly 500 Cases Since Break
- Boca Raton, Delray Beach Real Estate Market Hot
- As Trump Moves To Florida, COVID Infections, Deaths Rise
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine System Didn’t Crash, More Available Friday