BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We mention because we kinda have to. Pop sensation Justin Bieber will be visiting St. Andrews School in Boca Raton today to honor students who helped raise nearly $52,000 for Pencils of Promise, a non-profit organization that builds schools in areas of the world where education is lacking.
In terms of St. Andrews math, where tuition runs $25,170 a year for a high-school aged student, the school’s fundraising efforts would provide one year of education to two students.
Parents, according to the Sun Sentinel, will not be invited to the event. Boca Raton Police will have an increased presence in the area. The paper reports that students Briana Finocchiaro, 12, and siblings Angelia and Nicolas — both 9 — raised $51,738 by setting up a web page for Pencils of Promise. Their mother, MaryJo Finocchiaro, is on St. Andrews search committee.
Pencils of Promise is said to be one of Justin Bieber’s favorite charities.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High