BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We mention because we kinda have to. Pop sensation Justin Bieber will be visiting St. Andrews School in Boca Raton today to honor students who helped raise nearly $52,000 for Pencils of Promise, a non-profit organization that builds schools in areas of the world where education is lacking.
In terms of St. Andrews math, where tuition runs $25,170 a year for a high-school aged student, the school’s fundraising efforts would provide one year of education to two students.
Parents, according to the Sun Sentinel, will not be invited to the event. Boca Raton Police will have an increased presence in the area. The paper reports that students Briana Finocchiaro, 12, and siblings Angelia and Nicolas — both 9 — raised $51,738 by setting up a web page for Pencils of Promise. Their mother, MaryJo Finocchiaro, is on St. Andrews search committee.
Pencils of Promise is said to be one of Justin Bieber’s favorite charities.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY RATE JUMPS, HOSPITALIZATIONS SURGE
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Has Never Been So Dangerous For COVID-19
- Teachers: No Organized Walkout Planned Over Masking Battle
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT