BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It’s honors day at Florida Atlantic University. Read on for the details:
Florida Atlantic University President Mary Jane Saunders and Provost Brenda J. Claiborne will host the University’s 43rd annual Honors Convocationtoday at 4 p.m. The ceremony recognizes the University’s most outstanding students and faculty (a full list of honorees is attached). The event will take place at the University Theater, in the Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters, on FAU’s Boca Raton campus, 777 Glades Road.
Awards and recognition include eight University scholars, the Distinguished Student award, the University Club Merit award, the Phi Kappa Phi scholar, the Stan and Renee Wimberly scholar, the Student-Athletes of the Year award, and the Fraternity and Sorority scholars. Additionally, the FAU Board of Trustees Service Award will be awarded to a community member who has a record of rendering volunteer service to the University.
Faculty honors include the FAU National Alumni Association’s Degree of Difference Award, University Researchers and Scholars of the Year awards, and the University Teaching and Advising awards. The winner of the Distinguished Teacher of the Year award, which is determined by FAU students, will present the keynote speech. The year’s recipient is Dr. Deborah Louda of the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine.
“This will be my first year participating in FAU’s Honors Convocation,” said Claiborne. “This ceremony gives us the opportunity to share with the community all of the scholarship of our students and faculty members who are seeking to broaden and deepen their knowledge fields.”
For more information about the Honors Convocation, call 561-297-0884.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Victoria Boettcher Jailed On DUI, “Almost Hit House”
- Boca Raton Marriott, In Prom Controversy, Was Subject Of COVID Complaint
- NEW FLORIDA COVID PROBLEMS: Area Hospitals Filling Again
- FAU Student Wins $10K For Boating App
- Boca High, Don Estridge Highest COVID Infections In South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95