BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It’s honors day at Florida Atlantic University. Read on for the details:
Florida Atlantic University President Mary Jane Saunders and Provost Brenda J. Claiborne will host the University’s 43rd annual Honors Convocationtoday at 4 p.m. The ceremony recognizes the University’s most outstanding students and faculty (a full list of honorees is attached). The event will take place at the University Theater, in the Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters, on FAU’s Boca Raton campus, 777 Glades Road.
Awards and recognition include eight University scholars, the Distinguished Student award, the University Club Merit award, the Phi Kappa Phi scholar, the Stan and Renee Wimberly scholar, the Student-Athletes of the Year award, and the Fraternity and Sorority scholars. Additionally, the FAU Board of Trustees Service Award will be awarded to a community member who has a record of rendering volunteer service to the University.
Faculty honors include the FAU National Alumni Association’s Degree of Difference Award, University Researchers and Scholars of the Year awards, and the University Teaching and Advising awards. The winner of the Distinguished Teacher of the Year award, which is determined by FAU students, will present the keynote speech. The year’s recipient is Dr. Deborah Louda of the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine.
“This will be my first year participating in FAU’s Honors Convocation,” said Claiborne. “This ceremony gives us the opportunity to share with the community all of the scholarship of our students and faculty members who are seeking to broaden and deepen their knowledge fields.”
For more information about the Honors Convocation, call 561-297-0884.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fire Rescue Truck In Crash At Powerline and Palmetto Park, Road Closed
- COVID: Palm Beach County Back To Green Zone, “Low Risk” Says Kinsa
- Man Crashes Into Tree, Is Killed In West Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Sues Police, Arrested On Own Property With Gun, Permit
- Delray Beach Man Calls 911 Repeatedly To Complain About Police
- TRAFFIC REMINDER: Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Close This Weekend
- ELECTIONS: Deadline Is Saturday For Vote-By-Mail Ballot
- Delray Beach Man Convicted Of Sending Spy Equipment To Libya
- Palm Beach County Commissioner Slams Governor DeSantis On Vaccine Stance