BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police say it appears that a man shot himself in the face — in the area of 1500 West Camino Real — in a failed suicide attempt.
According to police:
When officers arrived on scene, they met with the 25 year old victim who had a gunshot wound to his face. The victim originally told officers he was shot by a person with whom he was acquainted and provided a description of the suspects and their vehicle. As detectives arrived and continued the investigation, the victim changed his story.
Throughout the interview, the victim continued to change the details of his story including where it occurred and what had transpired. On Tuesday morning, detectives went to Delray Medical Center and interviewed the victim again. This time the victim told detectives he shot himself in a failed suicide attempt. The victim said he is a convicted felon and was afraid he would be arrested for having a handgun.
The victim is to be detained for psychiatric evaluation and charges may be pending.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT: VALENCIA BAY TO REMOVE HUNDREDS OF OAK TREES
- Fourth DUI Arrest For Boca Woman Working At Addiction Center
- BREAKING: Man Shot In Head Just South Of Boca Raton, Search Underway
- REWARD: Fatal Shooting South Of Boca Raton, Who Is The Killer?
- WEATHER ALERT: Thunderstorms Moving Into Boca Raton
- LAWSUIT: OFFICE DEPOT SPAMMED CUSTOMERS
- WE ASK: What’s Your Experience With “PackMy RX”?
- Second DUI Arrest In Weeks For Delray Beach’s Scott Fisher
- BABY FORMULA: United Way Offers “Food Finder” Map In Palm Beach County