BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police say it appears that a man shot himself in the face — in the area of 1500 West Camino Real — in a failed suicide attempt.
According to police:
When officers arrived on scene, they met with the 25 year old victim who had a gunshot wound to his face. The victim originally told officers he was shot by a person with whom he was acquainted and provided a description of the suspects and their vehicle. As detectives arrived and continued the investigation, the victim changed his story.
Throughout the interview, the victim continued to change the details of his story including where it occurred and what had transpired. On Tuesday morning, detectives went to Delray Medical Center and interviewed the victim again. This time the victim told detectives he shot himself in a failed suicide attempt. The victim said he is a convicted felon and was afraid he would be arrested for having a handgun.
The victim is to be detained for psychiatric evaluation and charges may be pending.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Police Jail Man For Carjacking, Kidnapping
- It’s HOA Budget Time, Let Us Know If Anything Is Questionable, Illegal, Scandalous
- DRAMA: iPIC Boca Raton Sued For Astronomical Unpaid Rent Bill
- HOSPITAL FEARS: Now 292 Hospitalized In Palm Beach County For COVID, Florida Availability Drops
- FLORIDA OFFICIALLY LOGS ONE MILLION COVID CASES AS GOVERNOR SAYS MASKS DON’T WORK
- Gang Members Arrested, Firearms And Heroin Seized In Joint Broward, Boca Raton, Federal Operation
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: CARES Act Application Deadline Extended
- Florida Receives Additional $28M In Cares Act Funding, Help For Unemployed
- MASSIVE JUMP: Palm Beach County Schools Now Report 829 COVID-19 Cases