BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Regional Hospital is preparing for a major conference on cardiovascular disease in women. Here are the details direct from the hospital:
The American Society for Preventive Cardiology (ASPC), in collaboration with Boca Raton Regional Hospital, will address all aspects of CVD in women (cardiovascular disease) through its first annual ASPC Southeastern Conference, Cardiovascular Disease Prevention for Women. The symposium will be led by a renowned faculty, from some of the nation’s most prestigious medical schools, and will focus on the integrated delivery of preventive care for women, emphasizing early and aggressive global cardiovascular risk reduction strategies.
Conference sessions include:
- Calcium and Vitamin D: To Pop or Not?
- Hypertension, Diabetes and Lipid Disorders: Why are Women Treated Less Effectively than Men?
- Management of Menopausal Symptoms and the Cardiovascular System: Do the Benefits of Hormonal Therapy Outweigh the Risks?
- Non-Invasive Evaluation of CVD in Women: Role of CAC, CTA, IMT.
- Statin Intolerance in Women.
- Weight Management Strategies: A Healthy Diet for a Healthy Heart.
- Good Fats, Bad Fats – What do Women Need?
- Dissecting a Woman’s Lipids and Lipoproteins: Clues to their Hidden Residual Risk.
- Exercise and Stress Management for Optimal Health: A Prescription You Don’t Need to Write.
- Show Your Heart You Care: A Guide to Cardiovascular Disease Prevention for Women.
- New Guidelines on the Prevention of Heart Disease: An Update.
- A Healthy Sex Life Promotes a Healthy Heart.
For more information about specific session times, contact Marlene Moni.
WHO: Featured speakers are: Seth Baum, MD, Program Chair, Cardiologist at Boca Regional’s Women’s Institute; Stephen Kopecky, MD, Program Chair, College of Medicine Mayo Clinic; Caroline M. Apovian, MD, Boston University School of Medicine; Roger S. Blumenthal, MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine; Lynne T. Braun, PhD, Rush University Medical Center; Thomas D. Dayspring, MD, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey; Penny M. Kris-Etherton, PhD, The Pennsylvania State University; Joanne M. Foody, MD, Harvard Medical School; Marian Limacher, MD, University of Florida; Michal L. Melamed, MD, Albert Einstein College of Medicine; James A. Underberg, MD, New York University School of Medicine; Nanette K. Wenger, MD, Emory University School of Medicine; Maureen Whelihan, MD, Elite GYN Care of the Palm Beaches.
Media are encouraged to attend. A media room will be established for interviews with individual presenters.
WHERE: Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, 2000 NW 19th Street, Boca Raton
WHEN: Saturday, April 28, 2012 at 7:30am
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified