BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Realtors in Palm Beach County are giving back a bit to area students, while teaching the significance of “fair housing” laws.
From the Realtor Association of the Palm Beaches:
Each year the Realtors® Association of the Palm Beaches (RAPB) partners with the Palm Beach County Office of Equal Opportunity to promote the importance of fair housing to our youth via poster, essay and video contests. This year’s theme was titled “Fair Housing: We Are All Part of the Puzzle.” Students from grade levels three, seven and eleven participated in the contest by designing posters, writing essays and producing videos that convey the importance of fair housing. Through various promotional avenues, the sponsors and educators encouraged the public to view the entries on line and vote for their favorite.
During the Awards Reception, Pamela Banks, the Chairman of the Community Outreach committee for RAPB announced the winners of the contest to a room filled with educators, proud parents and organization members. Pamela Guerrier, the Director for Palm Beach County’s Office of Equal Opportunity presented a heartfelt address to the audience related to The Civil Rights Act of 1968.
This year’s winners of the poster contest include: first place, Anthony Alves, Lantana Middle, second place, William Elizondo, Loggers Run, third place, Alexandria Trombetta, Lantana Middle. The winners of the essay contest include: first place, Jonah King, Seminole Ridge High School, second place, Alexandra Dejesus, Atlantis Academy and third place, Nicholas Debase, Atlantis Academy. Alexa Lightle and Taylor Walsh from Park Vista Community High School were named the winner of the video contest. Award recipients were presented with a certificate of recognition and gift card.
The Realtors® Association of the Palm Beaches, “The Voice for Local Real Estate,” represents over 7,500 members involved in all aspects of the residential and commercial real estate industries.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASSIVE JUMP: Palm Beach County Schools Now Report 829 COVID-19 Cases
- Boca Center Sues High End Clothing Shop Over $119,000 In Back Rent
- FLORIDA WEATHER: Cold In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, South Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Superintendent Tells Parents Nothing Will Change Second Semester
- WHERE IS SHE? Boca Police Looking For Marilyn Ruddy
- Jewish Family Services In Boca Donated 500 Meals For Thanksgiving
- Chick-fil-A To Open In West Boca Raton, Will Feed 100 Local Heroes Free For A Year
- FLORIDA: DeSantis Says Lockdowns Do Nothing, Social Distancing Not Needed, State Hits 999,319 Infections
- DESANTIS: VIRTUAL LEARNING TO CONTINUE SPRING SEMESTER