BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police are investigating the death of woman who was killed by a train in the area of 1500 South Dixie Highway last evening.
According to police:
The call came in from a Florida East Coast (FEC) Railroad dispatcher who said a northbound train struck a female who was standing on or next to the railroad tracks. Officers located the body of a deceased female. According to the train engineer, the female was standing on the east side of the tracks, facing west, and appeared to be concentrating on something in her hands. The female did not look up as the train approached, despite numerous blasts from the train’s horn.
Boca Raton detectives found a Florida identification card with the victim’s belongings and they have talked to potential family members. However, her identity cannot be confirmed at this time due to extensive injuries.
If anyone has information about this incident, they are asked to call Detective Jeff Clare at (561) 338-1246.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom
- LOTS OF DEATH: Florida Again Reporting High COVID Death Numbers, Infections
- COVID: Lynn University Continues “Block” Scheduling Through Spring
- COVID: Palm Beach School Board Member Calls For More Transparency
- COVID: Palm Beach County Schools Report More Cases, But No Outbreak
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud