BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police are investigating the death of woman who was killed by a train in the area of 1500 South Dixie Highway last evening.
According to police:
The call came in from a Florida East Coast (FEC) Railroad dispatcher who said a northbound train struck a female who was standing on or next to the railroad tracks. Officers located the body of a deceased female. According to the train engineer, the female was standing on the east side of the tracks, facing west, and appeared to be concentrating on something in her hands. The female did not look up as the train approached, despite numerous blasts from the train’s horn.
Boca Raton detectives found a Florida identification card with the victim’s belongings and they have talked to potential family members. However, her identity cannot be confirmed at this time due to extensive injuries.
If anyone has information about this incident, they are asked to call Detective Jeff Clare at (561) 338-1246.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car
- Woman Kills Federal Judge, Injures Boy In Boca Raton Crash
- More COVID Problems Florida, Positivity Rate Jumps Again
- Flying? Major Delays, Canceled Flights At FLL Today
- Significant Weather Advisory In Effect
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge