BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police are investigating the death of woman who was killed by a train in the area of 1500 South Dixie Highway last evening.
According to police:
The call came in from a Florida East Coast (FEC) Railroad dispatcher who said a northbound train struck a female who was standing on or next to the railroad tracks. Officers located the body of a deceased female. According to the train engineer, the female was standing on the east side of the tracks, facing west, and appeared to be concentrating on something in her hands. The female did not look up as the train approached, despite numerous blasts from the train’s horn.
Boca Raton detectives found a Florida identification card with the victim’s belongings and they have talked to potential family members. However, her identity cannot be confirmed at this time due to extensive injuries.
If anyone has information about this incident, they are asked to call Detective Jeff Clare at (561) 338-1246.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days
- Boca Raton Gym Sued For $1M In Rent
- COVID Vaccine Distribution In Palm Beach County Is Worse Than You Think
- Shot, Mauled, Or Drowned? What Happened To This Boca Raton Cat?
- COVID Is Getting Worse In Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Animal Cruelty Charges
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Elevator Blaze
- Palm Beach County ICU’s Packed, COVID Count Rising
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Tinder Leads To Battery Charge For Boca Realtor