BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The wild weather in Boca is expected to continue, and the area is now under a flood watch well into this evening.
According to the national weather service:
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
METRO PALM BEACH-METRO BROWARD-INLAND MIAMI DADE-METRO MIAMI DADE-
COASTAL PALM BEACH-COASTAL BROWARD-COASTAL MIAMI DADE-
FAR SOUTH MIAMI DADE-
223 PM EDT MON APR 30 2012
…FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EDT THIS EVENING…
THE FLOOD WATCH CONTINUES FOR
* A PORTION OF SOUTH FLORIDA…INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING AREAS…
COASTAL BROWARD…COASTAL MIAMI DADE…COASTAL PALM BEACH…
FAR SOUTH MIAMI DADE…INLAND MIAMI DADE…METRO BROWARD…
METRO MIAMI DADE AND METRO PALM BEACH.
* UNTIL 8 PM EDT THIS EVENING
* DEEP TROPICAL MOISTURE WILL REMAIN IN PLACE OVER SOUTHEAST
FLORIDA THROUGH THIS EVENING AS A TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE SLOWLY
ADVANCES ACROSS THE AREA. ADDITIONAL RAINFALL AMOUNTS OVER THE
WATCH AREA WILL RANGE FROM 1 TO 2 INCHES THROUGH THIS EVENING
WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS. AT THIS TIME, IT APPEARS THE
HEAVIEST RAINFALL WILL LIKELY CONTINUE OVER SOUTHERN PORTIONS OF
MIAMI DADE COUNTY.
A FLOOD WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR FLOODING BASED ON
YOU SHOULD MONITOR LATER FORECASTS AND BE ALERT FOR POSSIBLE
FLOOD WARNINGS. THOSE LIVING IN AREAS PRONE TO FLOODING SHOULD BE
PREPARED TO TAKE ACTION SHOULD FLOODING DEVELOP.
And for the weather itself:
Tonight: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 8pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 8pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 70. Windy, with a east wind between 23 and 29 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
Tuesday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 77. Windy, with a east wind between 22 and 26 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph.
Tuesday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 72. Breezy, with a east wind between 17 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Wednesday: A 30 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 81. Breezy, with a east wind between 14 and 17 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
Wednesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 73. East wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
Thursday: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 82. East wind between 11 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Thursday Night: A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 71. East wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Friday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 83. East wind between 8 and 11 mph.
Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 69. East wind between 6 and 8 mph.
Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 82.
Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 69.
Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 84.
Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 71.
Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 84.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High