BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Detectives are investigating an armed robbery that occurred this afternoon at the KMart on Palmetto Park Road, just east of I-95.
According to police:
The victim was loading shopping bags into her car south of the Kmart in the parking lot when she was approached by a black male who pointed a handgun at her and forcibly took her purse. The suspect was last seen fleeing west through the parking lot.
The suspect is described as a short black male, 5’8”-5’10”, 170 pounds, baggy pants, wearing a blue baseball cap and a black polo shirt with an emblem on the left pocket over a white t-shirt and dark shoes. He also had a bandage on his left hand. The suspect used the victim’s credit card at a Mobil gas station on Glades Road west of the Turnpike shortly after the robbery. The suspect was wearing the same pants and shoes but was wearing a tank top instead of a polo shirt. He was seen leaving in a green midsize SUV with tinted windows.
Anyone with any information is asked call Detective Ron Mello at 561-620-6186 or Crime Stoppers at 800-458-TIPS.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach
- Inmate Sues Boca Raton’s GEO Group For Withholding Dental Care
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Has 30 Percent Chance Of Development
- Michael Burke Named Interim Superintendent of Palm Beach County Schools