BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We continue to publish summer camp opportunities as they are submitted to us. Here is the latest from FAU, which is compiling camps with special services for children with Autism.
Florida Atlantic University’s Center for Autism and Related Disabilities (CARD) within the College of Education has published a comprehensive list of summer camps and programs for special populations in Palm Beach, Broward, St. Lucie and surrounding counties.
Summer camp for children with autism offers the ideal setting to learn and then practice social skills,” said Jack Scott, Ph.D., executive director of FAU CARD. “The informality and fun factor of summer camp makes it the perfect place to learn how to get along with your peers.”
Information listed was taken from a variety of sources, including providers, websites and agencies. Parents should contact the provider for more information on determining if a camp or program is appropriate for their children. To access the list, visit
One of seven such centers in the state, CARD currently serves more than 2,500 registered clients, most diagnosed with autism or autism spectrum disorders such as Asperger syndrome, pervasive development disorder not otherwise specified, Rett syndrome and childhood disintegrative disorder. FAU CARD acts as a clearinghouse of information, and its services and programs reflect a strong belief in early intervention. The focus of FAU CARD is to optimize the potential of people with autism and related disabilities by enabling them to learn, work, communicate and socialize in the community.
For more information about the summer camp and program list or FAU CARD, contact Ali Cunningham at 561-297-4247 or
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge
- GL Homes Sued By HOA, Alleges Violation Of Florida Building Code
- COVID Hospitalizations Again Rising In Florida, Palm Beach County
- One Killed In Yamato Road Crash, Golf Cart Vs. Car
- UPDATE: Palm Beach County School District Explains FSA Requirement, Order
- CRITICAL CRASH: Yamato Road Closed, Car Hits Golf Cart
- BREAKING: FSA’S Do Not Count, State Says Mandatory Tests Not Required For Promotion
- Police Arrest 12-Year-Old For School Bomb Threat