BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Great police work from observant officers led to the arrest of two men for loitering and prowling, and an investigation continues into the possibility that the men were involved in other questionable activities.
According to police:
On Wednesday, May 2, at 11:10 in the morning, members of the Boca Raton Police Department’s Tactical Team were on patrol in the southwest section of the City due to recent burglaries, when an officer passed a black older model car heading south. The officer knew the car matched the description from a burglary the week before.
Other officers quickly responded to the area. An alert resident called police to report she also saw the car and thought it was suspicious. The officers went to the area of the caller and saw the car travelling north on SW 12th Avenue. Officers were about the pull the car over, when the driver stopped in the parking lot of a church on West Camino Real.
The officers made contact with the three occupants. The driver, William Golden, was issued numerous citations for illegal tint on the car windows and a license plate cover which partially obscured the Florida tag. Officers also spoke with the front passenger, Anthony Baker, and the rear passenger, Kenneth Moss. Golden gave officers permission to search the car. Officers found a small amount of marijuana in the car as well as on open container of beer. They also found a pair of gloves, an autographed baseball, and two construction hats.
Golden, who was dressed in a dress shirt and tie, told officers he was in the City looking for a job either at a Publix or a restaurant. Baker, who had a reflective traffic vest over his shirt, told officers he had gotten off work earlier in the morning and was just along for the ride. Golden and Baker gave conflicting stories and actually increased the officers’ alarm, the more they spoke. Since officers were not able to substantiate any part of their stories, and based on items found on them and inside the car, officers arrested Baker and Golden for loitering and prowling.
BOOKING PHOTOS: (Top, Anthony Baker, 10/12/81, Miami | Bottom, William Golden, 6/14/81, Miami Gardens).
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected