That’s the way most high school students in Boca Raton will be celebrating their graduation — as Boca Raton and West Boca Raton public high school students will graduate on the “Fair Grounds” at 9067 Southern Boulevard. That’s at least 25 miles from each Boca area high school. The schools are apparently outsourcing their graduations to be run by the school district.
In fact, on multiple occsions between May 17th and May 25th, so many schools are outsourcing to the district and graduating at the Fair Grounds — instead of using their own school facilities — that the Palm Beach County School District is scheduling three graduations a day — like a comic at a Las Vegas night club.
You can read the official announcement by clicking here.
Said one parent: “Just when you think Palm Beach County schools couldn’t be worse, they turn graduation into a meaningless one-size-fits-all event that happens in a place where most kids have never stepped foot. After years of dedication to a school, they’re told to hop on the turnpike to graduate. Classy.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Teachers Told No Political Activity At Work
- Get Ready For Traffic, Flight Issues In Palm Beach County Wednesday
- Publix COVID-19 Shots Available Thursday In Palm Beach County
- KINSA: Holiday Surge Just Starting, Palm Beach County Critical
- Two Theft Charges For Boca Raton Woman
- Boca Obesity Clinic Sued Over Unsolicited Text Messages
- DEAD RISING: Florida’s COVID Death Count Rises By 137 In One Day
- POLICE: Husband Assaults Pregnant Wife In Boca Raton Bar
- South Palm Beach County Hospitals Filling With COVID Patients