That’s the way most high school students in Boca Raton will be celebrating their graduation — as Boca Raton and West Boca Raton public high school students will graduate on the “Fair Grounds” at 9067 Southern Boulevard. That’s at least 25 miles from each Boca area high school. The schools are apparently outsourcing their graduations to be run by the school district.
In fact, on multiple occsions between May 17th and May 25th, so many schools are outsourcing to the district and graduating at the Fair Grounds — instead of using their own school facilities — that the Palm Beach County School District is scheduling three graduations a day — like a comic at a Las Vegas night club.
You can read the official announcement by clicking here.
Said one parent: “Just when you think Palm Beach County schools couldn’t be worse, they turn graduation into a meaningless one-size-fits-all event that happens in a place where most kids have never stepped foot. After years of dedication to a school, they’re told to hop on the turnpike to graduate. Classy.”
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees