BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We just received this nice announcement from our friends at the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office — as many try to make mother’s day a little more special for those who could use a little bit of help.
– A number of local mothers will be given an unexpected treat of a new dress or skirt or pair of shoes this Mother’s Day, but their gift-giving children will also receive something special: the thrill of brightening their mothers’ lives with a little help from their mentors.
dressbarn’s “To Mom, with Love” program will bring hundreds of children into local dressbarn stores across the country where they will be given $50 gift cards to shop for their mothers. Locally, dressbarn and Palm Beach County PAL are working together here to help make this year’s Mother’s Day special. The group of children and volunteers from Belle Glade will visit the dressbarn at 11041 Southern Blvd # 120, Royal Palm Beach, FL 33411 on Friday, May 11:00 at 5:00 pm to shop for that special gift.
“This Mother’s Day, we’re working to make it possible for families that otherwise may not be able to afford a gift, to recognize the hard work, sacrifice and unique contributions that every mom makes to a home,” said Vivian Behrens, senior vice president, chief marketing officer at dressbarn. “It’s a great program that helps honor someone who too often goes overlooked.”
“We are excited to work with dressbarn on this inaugural ‘To Mom, With Love’ program to benefit area families,” said Scott Scrivner from Palm Beach County PAL. “Most of our kids don’t have the resources to buy their mother a gift for the holiday, so this will be such a great day for them, their moms and our volunteers.”
And though Mother’s Day is officially only one day, dressbarn realizes that special “mom”-ents happen throughout a lifetime. So to celebrate moms and motherhood, dressbarn invites women to share a special “mom”-ent – whether a story, picture or video – onwww.yourdressbarn.com/moment. Maybe that special mom moment was holding your hand on the first day of school, or how she taught you to wear makeup, or simply stayed up late one night telling you stories.
Friends, families and others are invited to go online and vote for their favorite “mom”-ent posted. The 10 entries receiving the most votes will each receive a luxury spa prize package for the winner and a guest.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach
- Inmate Sues Boca Raton’s GEO Group For Withholding Dental Care
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Has 30 Percent Chance Of Development
- Michael Burke Named Interim Superintendent of Palm Beach County Schools
- Broken Sound Country Club Cited By Health Inspector