BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police are seeking a man in his mid-50s who allegedly posed as a valet at Grand Lux Cafe at Boca’s Town Center Mall, stealing an 87-year-old woman’s car.
According to police:
The victim, an 87 year old woman, says she pulled into a parking space near the restaurant and was getting out of her car when she was approached by a man asking if she wanted him to valet her car. She told the man that she didn’t think the area was for valet, and he instructed her to pull up in front of the restaurant and he would park her car for her. After driving her car to the front of the Grand Lux Cafe, the victim relinquished her car to the man she presumed was a valet attendant. Before entering the mall, she looked back to see the man park her car in an available space.
After going inside and telling family members about her experience with the valet attendant, she learned that valet service closed at 6:00 pm on Sunday, and it was 6:45 pm. She returned to discover her car had been stolen.
The suspect is described as in his 50’s, clean cut, dark hair, a multi-colored shirt and dark pants. Anyone with any information is asked to contact Detective Chris Suarez at 561-620-6146 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at 800-458-TIPS
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Unmasked Teachers Could Slow Return To Classroom
- Prostitution Charge For Seven Bridges Delray Resident
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely, Florida Should Watch
- Delray Woman Sues, Says Dunkin’ Coffee Cup Collapsed
- More Dead, More Infected In Florida As COVID Spread Continues
- Now 140 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- HURRICANE CENTER: South Florida Near System’s Path
- West Boca Raton’s David Cohen Jailed On Money Laundering, Fraud Charges
- UPDATE: DISTANCE LEARNING COULD END IN JANUARY, PALM BEACH SCHOOLS ISSUES STATEMENT