BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police are seeking a man in his mid-50s who allegedly posed as a valet at Grand Lux Cafe at Boca’s Town Center Mall, stealing an 87-year-old woman’s car.
According to police:
The victim, an 87 year old woman, says she pulled into a parking space near the restaurant and was getting out of her car when she was approached by a man asking if she wanted him to valet her car. She told the man that she didn’t think the area was for valet, and he instructed her to pull up in front of the restaurant and he would park her car for her. After driving her car to the front of the Grand Lux Cafe, the victim relinquished her car to the man she presumed was a valet attendant. Before entering the mall, she looked back to see the man park her car in an available space.
After going inside and telling family members about her experience with the valet attendant, she learned that valet service closed at 6:00 pm on Sunday, and it was 6:45 pm. She returned to discover her car had been stolen.
The suspect is described as in his 50’s, clean cut, dark hair, a multi-colored shirt and dark pants. Anyone with any information is asked to contact Detective Chris Suarez at 561-620-6146 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at 800-458-TIPS
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Has Never Been So Dangerous For COVID-19
- Teachers: No Organized Walkout Planned Over Masking Battle
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations