BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In the category of “sometimes you find things in the last place you put them,” Boca Raton police found a suspect from an area car burglary — in jail. According to the cops:
On March 20, 2012 Boca Raton Police Services was called to investigate a car burglary at LA Fitness on Technology Way. The victim said someone punched the lock on his 2002 Ford Mustang and stole his wallet containing cash and a debit card. The debit card was used minutes later at the Mobil gas station on West Yamato Road.
Fingerprints were removed from the exterior of the car by the investigating officer which came back to Christopher Wimer. Wimer was already in the Palm Beach County Jail for similar crimes committed in Altantis, Florida. On May 9, 2012 detectives interviewed Wimer at County Jail where he admitted to breaking into Donadio’s car at LA Fitness and using his debit card to get gas. Wimer was charged with Burglary to Auto and Theft.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K