UPDATE: 12:54 pm — The 911 system is back up.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police Department’s 911 call center is being impacted by an AT&T switching problem. All calls are being routed to West Palm Beach. Police response is not being hampered, but this is clearly not an optimal dispatch situation. We’re told the problem should be corrected shortly.
This is affecting the City of Boca Raton and not the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office 911 system from what we know at this point. But most importantly, still call 911 if you need help within the City of Boca Raton, just don’t be surprised if a West Palm Beach Police dispatcher answers your call.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Turning, But Two Systems Forming East Of Florida
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman