UPDATE: 12:54 pm — The 911 system is back up.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police Department’s 911 call center is being impacted by an AT&T switching problem. All calls are being routed to West Palm Beach. Police response is not being hampered, but this is clearly not an optimal dispatch situation. We’re told the problem should be corrected shortly.
This is affecting the City of Boca Raton and not the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office 911 system from what we know at this point. But most importantly, still call 911 if you need help within the City of Boca Raton, just don’t be surprised if a West Palm Beach Police dispatcher answers your call.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Man Allegedly Claims Ex Is Child Abuser, Posts To Socials, Jailed
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Declares State Of Emergency For Building Collapse
- BUILDING COLLAPSE: List Of Everyone Who Owns In Champlain Towers
- Man Critically Injured At Boca Raton Wyndham Hotel, Sues
- MIAMI BEACH CONDO COLLAPSE: Rumors Spreading, Officials Say “Stop”
- National Hurricane Center: Tropical Depression Likely To Form
- I-95 In Boca Raton To Close Overnight Tonight
- Second DUI Arrest In Three Months For Boca’s Brooklyn Berman
- UPDATE: Boca Raton Police Respond To Shooting But Still Know Nothing