UPDATE: 12:54 pm — The 911 system is back up.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police Department’s 911 call center is being impacted by an AT&T switching problem. All calls are being routed to West Palm Beach. Police response is not being hampered, but this is clearly not an optimal dispatch situation. We’re told the problem should be corrected shortly.
This is affecting the City of Boca Raton and not the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office 911 system from what we know at this point. But most importantly, still call 911 if you need help within the City of Boca Raton, just don’t be surprised if a West Palm Beach Police dispatcher answers your call.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DESANTIS: Florida Will Vaccinate Nursing Home Residents Before Healthcare Workers
- FROM BAD TO WORSE: Florida Logs 9,920 COVID Cases On Tuesday
- Facial Covering Order Extended In Palm Beach County
- Emotional Support Animals No Longer Considered “Service Animals,” DOT Institutes New Rules
- SELLER’S MARKET! Palm Beach County House Sales Soar, Inventory Drops
- BOCA: Man Attempts To Carjack Rolls Royce, And Take Owner’s Girlfriend
- Boca Raton Police Jail Man For Carjacking, Kidnapping
- It’s HOA Budget Time, Let Us Know If Anything Is Questionable, Illegal, Scandalous
- DRAMA: iPIC Boca Raton Sued For Astronomical Unpaid Rent Bill