BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — With a hat tip to Annie Lenox, here comes the rain again. Boca Raton and surrounding areas may have another afternoon of gusty thunderstorms, hail, and possibly a tornado. Here’s the latest from the National Weather Service:
THUNDERSTORMS: THUNDERSTORMS ARE FORECAST TO DEVELOP ACROSS SOUTHFLORIDA THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING. THUNDERSTORMS ARE MOST LIKELYBETWEEN 3 AND 8 PM. WHILE INSTABILITY WILL BE SOMEWHAT LIMITED,INCREASING WIND SHEAR WILL ALLOW FOR THE POSSIBILITY OF A FEW STRONGTO PERHAPS SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS DEVELOPING THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING,CAPABLE OF PRODUCING FREQUENT LIGHTNING, STRONG WIND GUSTS, HAIL ANDHEAVY RAINS. ALSO, A BRIEF TORNADO JUST CANNOT BE RULED OUT ALONG THEATLANTIC COAST.WIND: WIND GUSTS UP TO 60 MPH WILL BE POSSIBLE WITH THE STRONGESTTHUNDERSTORMS THAT DEVELOP.HAIL: HAIL UP TO QUARTER SIZE WILL BE POSSIBLE WITH THE STRONGESTTHUNDERSTORMS THAT DEVELOP.FLOODING: LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL WILL BE POSSIBLE WITH THETHUNDERSTORMS THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING, WITH LOCALIZED RAINFALLAMOUNTS OF 2 TO 4 INCHES POSSIBLE, ESPECIALLY ACROSS THE INTERIORAND EAST COAST. ISOLATED STREET FLOODING AND FLOODING OF POORLYDRAINED LOCALES WILL BE POSSIBLE ACROSS SOUTH FLORIDA THISAFTERNOON AND EVENING.TORNADOES: A BRIEF TORNADO JUST CANNOT BE RULED OUT ALONG THE ATLANTICCOAST LATE THIS AFTERNOON INTO THIS EVENING.WATERSPOUTS: A BRIEF WATERSPOUT IS POSSIBLE ACROSS BISCAYNE BAY ANDTHE ATLANTIC WATERS LATE THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Two In West Boca Home Jailed On Drug Charges
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again
- Palm Beach County Offering Summer Camp Scholarships
- Delray’s Georgios Pappas Charged With DUI
- Trump’s Palm Beach County Passes 100,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Publix COVID Shot Reservations Open Again Friday
- Graffiti Vandal Strikes West Delray Beach Community