BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — With a hat tip to Annie Lenox, here comes the rain again. Boca Raton and surrounding areas may have another afternoon of gusty thunderstorms, hail, and possibly a tornado. Here’s the latest from the National Weather Service:
THUNDERSTORMS: THUNDERSTORMS ARE FORECAST TO DEVELOP ACROSS SOUTHFLORIDA THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING. THUNDERSTORMS ARE MOST LIKELYBETWEEN 3 AND 8 PM. WHILE INSTABILITY WILL BE SOMEWHAT LIMITED,INCREASING WIND SHEAR WILL ALLOW FOR THE POSSIBILITY OF A FEW STRONGTO PERHAPS SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS DEVELOPING THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING,CAPABLE OF PRODUCING FREQUENT LIGHTNING, STRONG WIND GUSTS, HAIL ANDHEAVY RAINS. ALSO, A BRIEF TORNADO JUST CANNOT BE RULED OUT ALONG THEATLANTIC COAST.WIND: WIND GUSTS UP TO 60 MPH WILL BE POSSIBLE WITH THE STRONGESTTHUNDERSTORMS THAT DEVELOP.HAIL: HAIL UP TO QUARTER SIZE WILL BE POSSIBLE WITH THE STRONGESTTHUNDERSTORMS THAT DEVELOP.FLOODING: LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL WILL BE POSSIBLE WITH THETHUNDERSTORMS THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING, WITH LOCALIZED RAINFALLAMOUNTS OF 2 TO 4 INCHES POSSIBLE, ESPECIALLY ACROSS THE INTERIORAND EAST COAST. ISOLATED STREET FLOODING AND FLOODING OF POORLYDRAINED LOCALES WILL BE POSSIBLE ACROSS SOUTH FLORIDA THISAFTERNOON AND EVENING.TORNADOES: A BRIEF TORNADO JUST CANNOT BE RULED OUT ALONG THE ATLANTICCOAST LATE THIS AFTERNOON INTO THIS EVENING.WATERSPOUTS: A BRIEF WATERSPOUT IS POSSIBLE ACROSS BISCAYNE BAY ANDTHE ATLANTIC WATERS LATE THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud
- Delray Beach, Boca Raton Real Estate Prices Soar, Inventory Drops
- No School Friday, Palm Beach County Schools To Close For Students
- Delray Beach Woman Facing Fraud, Drug Charges