BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) -- Yet again, another afternoon that may yield thunderstorms, hail, tornadoes and very strong wind gusts in and around Boca Raton. Here's the latest from the National Weather Service.
HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR SOUTH FLORIDA...UPDATEDNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FLTHUNDERSTORMS: SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FORECAST TO DEVELOPACROSS SOUTH FLORIDA THIS AFTERNOON INTO EARLY THISEVENING, WITH THE FOCUS BEING ACROSS THE INTERIOR AND EAST COASTMETROPOLITAN AREAS. GIVEN SUNSHINE, MORE INSTABILITY ASSOCIATEDWITH BETTER SURFACE HEATING AND COLDER AIR ALOFT TODAY, A FEWSEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WILL BE POSSIBLE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING FREQUENTLIGHTNING, STRONG WIND GUSTS, LARGE HAIL AND HEAVY RAINS. ALSO, ABRIEF TORNADO JUST CANNOT BE RULED OUT ALONG THE ATLANTIC COAST.WIND: WIND GUSTS TO AROUND 60 MPH WILL BE POSSIBLE WITH THESTRONGEST THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE INTERIOR AND EAST COAST.HAIL: LARGE HAIL TO AROUND QUARTER SIZE WILL BE POSSIBLE WITH THESTRONGEST THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE INTERIOR AND EAST COAST.TORNADOES: A BRIEF TORNADO JUST CANNOT BE RULED OUT ALONG THE ATLANTICCOAST LATE THIS AFTERNOON INTO EARLY THIS EVENING.FLOODING: LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL WILL BE POSSIBLE WITH THETHUNDERSTORMS THIS AFTERNOON INTO THIS EVENING, POSSIBLY RESULTINGIN ISOLATED STREET FLOODING AND FLOODING OF POORLY DRAINEDLOCALES.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FOURTEEN STUDENTS DEAD IN TEXAS SCHOOL SHOOTING, ONE TEACHER
- Memorial Day Ceremony Set For South Florida National Cemetery
- POLICE: Delray Beach Man Attacks Dog, Beats With Stick, Cuts
- HURRICANE: NOAA Says ”Above Average” Season Just Days Away
- DRAMA: Woman Says Cinemark Boca Raton Seats Are Dangerous, Sues
- ALERT: TURNPIKE CLOSED, Major Crash South Of Glades Road
- Jewish Family Services In Palm Beach County Offers Hurricane Help To Seniors
- UPDATE: Man Killed In Shooting After Crash South Of Boca Raton
- OFFICIAL: Ocean One Grille Delray Has Flying Insect, “Mold-Like Substance” Problem