BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) -- Yet again, another afternoon that may yield thunderstorms, hail, tornadoes and very strong wind gusts in and around Boca Raton. Here's the latest from the National Weather Service.
HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR SOUTH FLORIDA...UPDATEDNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FLTHUNDERSTORMS: SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FORECAST TO DEVELOPACROSS SOUTH FLORIDA THIS AFTERNOON INTO EARLY THISEVENING, WITH THE FOCUS BEING ACROSS THE INTERIOR AND EAST COASTMETROPOLITAN AREAS. GIVEN SUNSHINE, MORE INSTABILITY ASSOCIATEDWITH BETTER SURFACE HEATING AND COLDER AIR ALOFT TODAY, A FEWSEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WILL BE POSSIBLE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING FREQUENTLIGHTNING, STRONG WIND GUSTS, LARGE HAIL AND HEAVY RAINS. ALSO, ABRIEF TORNADO JUST CANNOT BE RULED OUT ALONG THE ATLANTIC COAST.WIND: WIND GUSTS TO AROUND 60 MPH WILL BE POSSIBLE WITH THESTRONGEST THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE INTERIOR AND EAST COAST.HAIL: LARGE HAIL TO AROUND QUARTER SIZE WILL BE POSSIBLE WITH THESTRONGEST THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE INTERIOR AND EAST COAST.TORNADOES: A BRIEF TORNADO JUST CANNOT BE RULED OUT ALONG THE ATLANTICCOAST LATE THIS AFTERNOON INTO EARLY THIS EVENING.FLOODING: LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL WILL BE POSSIBLE WITH THETHUNDERSTORMS THIS AFTERNOON INTO THIS EVENING, POSSIBLY RESULTINGIN ISOLATED STREET FLOODING AND FLOODING OF POORLY DRAINEDLOCALES.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Man Allegedly Claims Ex Is Child Abuser, Posts To Socials, Jailed
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Declares State Of Emergency For Building Collapse
- BUILDING COLLAPSE: List Of Everyone Who Owns In Champlain Towers
- Man Critically Injured At Boca Raton Wyndham Hotel, Sues
- MIAMI BEACH CONDO COLLAPSE: Rumors Spreading, Officials Say “Stop”
- National Hurricane Center: Tropical Depression Likely To Form
- I-95 In Boca Raton To Close Overnight Tonight
- Second DUI Arrest In Three Months For Boca’s Brooklyn Berman
- UPDATE: Boca Raton Police Respond To Shooting But Still Know Nothing