BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you believe you have been scammed by the auto body shop “Collision Word” in Boynton Beach, you are apparently not alone. The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, working with state investigators, charged Vincenzo Guerrera, 42, with defrauding State Farm, Geicol and Liberty Mutual.
According to investigators, Gurrera was possibly receiving accident information from crash scenes and then filing claims based on that information. In Florida, however, accident reports are not released for 60 days after the crash.
Police remind everyone that if you suspect you are being lured into a scam are encouraged to contact the Department of Financial Services, Division of Consumer Services by calling 1-877-MY-FL-CFO (1-877-693-5236) orwww.myfloridacfo.com/division/consumers for assistance and to report a possible scam.
We expect to post the Affidavit of Probable Cause in the next few hours on BocaNewsNow.com
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing