BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you believe you have been scammed by the auto body shop “Collision Word” in Boynton Beach, you are apparently not alone. The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, working with state investigators, charged Vincenzo Guerrera, 42, with defrauding State Farm, Geicol and Liberty Mutual.
According to investigators, Gurrera was possibly receiving accident information from crash scenes and then filing claims based on that information. In Florida, however, accident reports are not released for 60 days after the crash.
Police remind everyone that if you suspect you are being lured into a scam are encouraged to contact the Department of Financial Services, Division of Consumer Services by calling 1-877-MY-FL-CFO (1-877-693-5236) orwww.myfloridacfo.com/division/consumers for assistance and to report a possible scam.
We expect to post the Affidavit of Probable Cause in the next few hours on BocaNewsNow.com
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Second DUI Arrest In Weeks For Delray Beach’s Scott Fisher
- BABY FORMULA: United Way Offers “Food Finder” Map In Palm Beach County
- Boynton Police Nab Juvenile Attacker, Ask For Other Victims To Come Forward
- Water Rescue At Kings Point After Man Falls In Lake
- KINGS POINT DELRAY: Another Resident Arrested
- Boca Raton’s Alisa Catoggio Pleads Guilty To $40M Federal Kickback Scheme
- COPS ON SCENE: Double Shooting South Of Boca Raton
- SMELL SMOKE? Don’t Worry About It, There’s A Controlled Burn
- ALLIGATOR ALLEY SHOOTING: Police Seeks Suspect, Ask Public For Tips