BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you believe you have been scammed by the auto body shop “Collision Word” in Boynton Beach, you are apparently not alone. The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, working with state investigators, charged Vincenzo Guerrera, 42, with defrauding State Farm, Geicol and Liberty Mutual.
According to investigators, Gurrera was possibly receiving accident information from crash scenes and then filing claims based on that information. In Florida, however, accident reports are not released for 60 days after the crash.
Police remind everyone that if you suspect you are being lured into a scam are encouraged to contact the Department of Financial Services, Division of Consumer Services by calling 1-877-MY-FL-CFO (1-877-693-5236) orwww.myfloridacfo.com/division/consumers for assistance and to report a possible scam.
We expect to post the Affidavit of Probable Cause in the next few hours on BocaNewsNow.com
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PUBLIX: No Proof Of Florida Residency, No COVID Shot For You
- COVID Surging In Palm Beach County Schools
- Feds Arrest Man In Palm Beach County For Election Interference
- Boca Bagel Bar Brawl Lands One Man In Jail
- Palm Beach Schools: Now 1930 COVID Cases As Boca High Surges
- Boca, Delray ICU Situation Remains Poor, COVID Count High
- Boca Raton’s Kyle Ewart Guilty, Possessed Child Images
- Florida Publix COVID Vaccine Appointments Available, Here’s How To Book
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges