BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you believe you have been scammed by the auto body shop “Collision Word” in Boynton Beach, you are apparently not alone. The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, working with state investigators, charged Vincenzo Guerrera, 42, with defrauding State Farm, Geicol and Liberty Mutual.
According to investigators, Gurrera was possibly receiving accident information from crash scenes and then filing claims based on that information. In Florida, however, accident reports are not released for 60 days after the crash.
Police remind everyone that if you suspect you are being lured into a scam are encouraged to contact the Department of Financial Services, Division of Consumer Services by calling 1-877-MY-FL-CFO (1-877-693-5236) orwww.myfloridacfo.com/division/consumers for assistance and to report a possible scam.
We expect to post the Affidavit of Probable Cause in the next few hours on BocaNewsNow.com
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TROPICAL STORM ZETA: Heavy Rains South Florida, Possible Gulf Coast Strike
- HOME DEPOT: Unmasked West Boca Worker, No Response From Corporate
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 28 Forms, Gulf Coast Track Again
- BAD: Florida Reports 4,433 New COVID-19 Infections
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Unmasked Teachers Could Slow Return To Classroom
- Prostitution Charge For Seven Bridges Delray Resident
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely, Florida Should Watch
- Delray Woman Sues, Says Dunkin’ Coffee Cup Collapsed
- More Dead, More Infected In Florida As COVID Spread Continues