BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Depending on where in Boca you are, you may be in the midst of a rather sizable thunderstorm. And guess what? Expect more of the same for the rest of the day. Here’s our update from the National Weather Service:
THUNDERSTORMS: SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FORECAST TO DEVELOP ACROSS SOUTH FLORIDA THIS AFTERNOON INTO EARLY THIS EVENING. THE MAIN THREATS FROM ANY STRONG STORM THAT DEVELOPS WILL BE FREQUENT LIGHTNING STRIKES, STRONG WIND GUSTS, HAIL, AND HEAVY RAINS. THERE IS A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS. WIND: WIND GUSTS TO AROUND 60 MPH WILL BE POSSIBLE THIS AFTERNOON INTO THIS EVENING WITH THE STRONGEST STORMS INTERIOR AND EAST COAST METRO AREAS. HAIL: LARGE HAIL IS POSSIBLE WITH A FEW OF THE STRONGEST STORMS THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING MAINLY OVER THE INTERIOR AND EAST COAST METRO AREAS. FLOODING: LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL WILL BE POSSIBLE WITH THE THUNDERSTORMS THIS AFTERNOON INTO THIS EVENING, POSSIBLY RESULTING IN ISOLATED STREET FLOODING AND FLOODING OF POOR DRAINAGE AREAS. TORNADOES: A BRIEF TORNADO JUST CANNOT BE RULED OUT ALONG THE ATLANTIC COAST LATE THIS AFTERNOON INTO THIS EVENING, ESPECIALLY
WHERE THE EAST AND WEST COAST SEA BREEZES COLLIDE.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday