BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Depending on where in Boca you are, you may be in the midst of a rather sizable thunderstorm. And guess what? Expect more of the same for the rest of the day. Here’s our update from the National Weather Service:
THUNDERSTORMS: SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FORECAST TO DEVELOP ACROSS SOUTH FLORIDA THIS AFTERNOON INTO EARLY THIS EVENING. THE MAIN THREATS FROM ANY STRONG STORM THAT DEVELOPS WILL BE FREQUENT LIGHTNING STRIKES, STRONG WIND GUSTS, HAIL, AND HEAVY RAINS. THERE IS A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS. WIND: WIND GUSTS TO AROUND 60 MPH WILL BE POSSIBLE THIS AFTERNOON INTO THIS EVENING WITH THE STRONGEST STORMS INTERIOR AND EAST COAST METRO AREAS. HAIL: LARGE HAIL IS POSSIBLE WITH A FEW OF THE STRONGEST STORMS THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING MAINLY OVER THE INTERIOR AND EAST COAST METRO AREAS. FLOODING: LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL WILL BE POSSIBLE WITH THE THUNDERSTORMS THIS AFTERNOON INTO THIS EVENING, POSSIBLY RESULTING IN ISOLATED STREET FLOODING AND FLOODING OF POOR DRAINAGE AREAS. TORNADOES: A BRIEF TORNADO JUST CANNOT BE RULED OUT ALONG THE ATLANTIC COAST LATE THIS AFTERNOON INTO THIS EVENING, ESPECIALLY
WHERE THE EAST AND WEST COAST SEA BREEZES COLLIDE.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Forecasters Watching First System Of Season
- MONKEY POX SOUTH FLORIDA: Health Officials Investigate Possible Local Case
- TRAFFIC: I-95 Closure In Boca Raton Part Of Big Traffic Week Ahead
- Delray Beach Woman Crashes On I-95, Is Jailed For DUI
- MYSTERY: Dead Frog Circles Appearing In Seven Bridges Delray Beach
- HUGE COVID SPIKE IN FLORIDA, PALM BEACH COUNTY
- Did Bad Nursing At Bethesda East Hospital Lead To Woman’s Death?
- LAWSUIT: VALENCIA BAY TO REMOVE HUNDREDS OF OAK TREES
- Fourth DUI Arrest For Boca Woman Working At Addiction Center