DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Like many folks throughout South Florida, you may not take “Community Service Aides” seriously as they drive around in their quasi-mock police cars complete with yellow lights. But in Delray Beach, a young man by the name of Justin Chase will always know it was a Community Service Aide who led to his arrest.
We — and other media — ran a photo last week of a man allegedly trying to break into a home that had surveillance cameras and hurricane glass. The glass bounced the brick he threw back. The camera caught it on tape.
Now, an arrest of a suspect in the case:
The Community Service Aide stated that she had investigated a car accident that occurred the day before the attempted burglary and Chase was one of the driver’s. The Community Service Aide had no doubt that the person portrayed on the news was in fact Chase. Coincidentally, Detective Ferreri received two tips through Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers where anonymous tipsters identified the person seen in the surveillance video as Chase. Detective Ferreri confirmed via an old photo and identifying Chase’s tattoos.
Chase is currently being held in the Okaloosa County jail on unrelated charges. Upon his release, he will be charged with Burglary for the case caught on video.The second subject still remains unidentified and at large at this time.
Attached is Okaloosa County’s booking photo of Justin Chase.
(Photos: Booking Photo from Okaloosa County, and Surveillance Shot of attempted home burglary in Delray Beach).
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach School District Reveals FSA Testing Dates, But Is Lawsuit In Works?
- DEVELOPING: Lyons Road Closed In Delray Due To Crash Involving Bicycle
- Boca Raton Doctor Max Citrin Jailed On Insurance Fraud Charge
- Suspended License? Palm Beach County Waives Fees For One Week
- Nearly 3000 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Health Inspectors Shut Max’s Grille In January
- Delray Man Charged With Ordering Drugs Online, Nabbed By Postal Inspector
- Boynton Beach Woman Missing, Police Seek Help
- Local Man Wins $1M In Florida Lottery