BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Congratulations to Jenny Craige who was just named 2012 Reading Teacher Of The Year.
According to the Palm Beach County School District:
Jenny Craige, reading teacher at Boynton Beach High School was recently awarded as the 2012 Reading Teacher of the Year (novice designation) by the Secondary Reading Council of Florida (SRCFL). Author Terry Trueman presented the award to Ms. Craige at the SRCFL Annual Conference held in Deerfield Beach, FL.
Ms. Craige is a reading teacher for grades 11 and 12, under the administration of Karen Whetsell. Winning the novice category of the secondary reading teacher of the year places her in a unique circle of exemplary reading educators.
“The 2012 recipients represent the overarching view that reading education for secondary students must not only be unique to the students’ needs, but also recognizes what the students bring to the literacy instructional table,” said SRCFL president Dr. Joyce Warner, who is Chair of the Reading and Literacy Studies Department at Barry University.
Each of the recipients brings this unique perspective to her reading instruction. “Jenny shows a passion for reading, reads everywhere and all the time. She models her love of reading in so many ways and daily differentiates techniques and strategies for her students to address their varied needs and interests,” said her colleague Rachelle Savitz about Ms. Craige’s reading instructional style.
The Secondary Reading Council of Florida has been an affiliated charter of the International Reading Association since 1980. For more information about SRCFL, visit the website at www.srcfl.org.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca High, Don Estridge Highest COVID Infections In South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation