BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Look out Batman and Robin! Boca Raton has a dynamic crime-fighting duo known as “Bergman and Friedman.” No capes, just quick thinking, as the crusaders used their superpowers to nab the allegedly evil Kervensley Telusmar.
Read this great report from the Boca Police:
On Tuesday, May 29 at 2:35 in the afternoon, Boca Raton Police officers responded to a report of a purse theft that occurred in the parking lot of Whole Foods, 1400 West Glades Road.
The victim was loading groceries into her car and left her purse in the shopping cart when she saw a male running towards her. The suspect grabbed the victim’s purse then ran through the parking lot towards Glades Road. While a witness, Alan Bergman, gave chase, the victim called 911. Community Service Officer Phil Friedman was stationary in traffic on Glades Road when he was alerted to the crime by Bergman. Friedman notified dispatch, activated his emergency lights and shouted to the suspect that a K-9 was going to be released. The suspect, identified as Kervensley Telusmar (shown), lay down on the sidewalk and a police officer arrived quickly thereafter to handcuff him.
The victim identified Telusmar as the purse thief. Officers charged Telusmar with grand theft.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WE ASK: What’s Your Experience With “PackMy RX”?
- Second DUI Arrest In Weeks For Delray Beach’s Scott Fisher
- BABY FORMULA: United Way Offers “Food Finder” Map In Palm Beach County
- Boynton Police Nab Juvenile Attacker, Ask For Other Victims To Come Forward
- Water Rescue At Kings Point After Man Falls In Lake
- KINGS POINT DELRAY: Another Resident Arrested
- Boca Raton’s Alisa Catoggio Pleads Guilty To $40M Federal Kickback Scheme
- COPS ON SCENE: Double Shooting South Of Boca Raton
- SMELL SMOKE? Don’t Worry About It, There’s A Controlled Burn