BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Look out Batman and Robin! Boca Raton has a dynamic crime-fighting duo known as “Bergman and Friedman.” No capes, just quick thinking, as the crusaders used their superpowers to nab the allegedly evil Kervensley Telusmar.
Read this great report from the Boca Police:
On Tuesday, May 29 at 2:35 in the afternoon, Boca Raton Police officers responded to a report of a purse theft that occurred in the parking lot of Whole Foods, 1400 West Glades Road.
The victim was loading groceries into her car and left her purse in the shopping cart when she saw a male running towards her. The suspect grabbed the victim’s purse then ran through the parking lot towards Glades Road. While a witness, Alan Bergman, gave chase, the victim called 911. Community Service Officer Phil Friedman was stationary in traffic on Glades Road when he was alerted to the crime by Bergman. Friedman notified dispatch, activated his emergency lights and shouted to the suspect that a K-9 was going to be released. The suspect, identified as Kervensley Telusmar (shown), lay down on the sidewalk and a police officer arrived quickly thereafter to handcuff him.
The victim identified Telusmar as the purse thief. Officers charged Telusmar with grand theft.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K