BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Undercover Detectives in Boca Raton happened to be at the right place at the right time when they noticed a young man who looked awfully suspicious. That young man, Joshua Palmer, is now in police custody, charged with burglary and related offenses.
According to Boca Raton Police:
It happened shortly after 12:30 pm when the two detectives were driving in their unmarked police car and stopped at a traffic light at the intersection of NW 13th Street and NW 15th Avenue. That’s when they spotted a black male running south across NW 13th street. The suspect was carrying a backpack and sweating profusely, while constantly looking behind him as he ran. At the same time, the detectives heard a call go out for an attempted home burglary at the Melrose East Apartments at 1400 NW 15th Court. The caller’s description matched the suspect running from the area. Detectives observed the suspect throw a shinny object into the backyard of an apartment at 1200 NW 15th Court and then cross back across the road. Upon further investigation, the shinny object turned out to be a knife.
The detectives made a u-turn and watched the suspect try to conceal himself behind bushes at 1300 NW 15th Court. Detectives exited their vehicle and confronted the suspect, who at first told them him name was George, but quickly said he made that up and his real name was Joshua Palmer. Palmer had a pair of yellow gloves and a cell phone in his pockets.
Palmer told detectives he went to break into the apartment at Melrose East with the knife but it didn’t work so he kicked in the window. The neighbor heard the noise and Palmer ran off. Palmer was charged with Burglary to an Unoccupied Dwelling and Possession of Burglary Tools.
(PHOTO: Joshua Palmer, 10/22/1995, of Boca Raton. Courtesy Boca Raton Police).
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- New Voting Rules: Palm Beach County Holds Town Hall Meeting Thursday
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Almost In “Green” COVID Zone
- POLICE: Sexual Predator Moves To West Boca Raton
- SILENCE: Emmitt Smith, The Boca Raton Silent On “Go Pink” Controversy
- REVEALED: We Have New Palm Beach School Superintendent’s Salary
- UPDATE: Delray Man Added Police Lights To Explorer, Pulled Over Cars In Boca Raton
- Teen Allegedly Attacked At Boynton Beach High Sues School Board
- Two Teens Missing, Police Seek Tips
- SUPER SPREADER? Emmitt Smith’s Boca Regional Go Pink Speech May Lead To Deaths