UPDATE: The victim has been identified as Victor Arango, DOB 11/15/85, of Lake Worth. Investigators say they found more than 300 Oxycodone pills on Arango and have received “numerous” tips that he had been selling the drug on the streets.
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A man is dead after being shot by police at First and Ten Sports Bar and Grill in Boynton — a bar that the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office has responded to nearly 50 times this year.
Police early this morning were called to break up a fight between several women when a deputy says he saw a man reach for a weapon. Police shot and killed the man.
According to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office:
At approximately 5:09 am, deputies were dispatched to a fight at the 1st and 10 Sports Bar & Grill located at 4956 Le Chalet Blvd, Boynton Beach. When deputies arrived they found a group of females fighting. As they were attempting to quell the fight a second fight broke out involving a group of males. Deputies attempted to break up the fight when a male subject turned, began to physically fight with one of the deputies and a struggle ensued. During the struggle the male subject pulled a weapon from his person. A back up deputy witnessed the male subject pull the weapon and fearing for his partner’s life, discharged his firearm striking the male subject. The male subject died on scene.
Deputies involved will be placed on administrative leave which is standard department protocol.
View Larger Map
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- I-95 Closures To Continue In Boca Raton As Major Detours, Closures Planned For This Week
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired