UPDATE: The victim has been identified as Victor Arango, DOB 11/15/85, of Lake Worth. Investigators say they found more than 300 Oxycodone pills on Arango and have received “numerous” tips that he had been selling the drug on the streets.
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A man is dead after being shot by police at First and Ten Sports Bar and Grill in Boynton — a bar that the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office has responded to nearly 50 times this year.
Police early this morning were called to break up a fight between several women when a deputy says he saw a man reach for a weapon. Police shot and killed the man.
According to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office:
At approximately 5:09 am, deputies were dispatched to a fight at the 1st and 10 Sports Bar & Grill located at 4956 Le Chalet Blvd, Boynton Beach. When deputies arrived they found a group of females fighting. As they were attempting to quell the fight a second fight broke out involving a group of males. Deputies attempted to break up the fight when a male subject turned, began to physically fight with one of the deputies and a struggle ensued. During the struggle the male subject pulled a weapon from his person. A back up deputy witnessed the male subject pull the weapon and fearing for his partner’s life, discharged his firearm striking the male subject. The male subject died on scene.
Deputies involved will be placed on administrative leave which is standard department protocol.
View Larger Map
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens