BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Proof positive that alleged criminals just aren’t that bright, Boca Raton Police Officers — who are that bright — arrested the same man twice — Adrian Brown — in just two weeks, for the same offense.
According to police:
Just before 11:00 am Wednesday, June 6, 2012, Boca Raton Police responded to a residence at 2724 NW 30th Street. The caller said a blue convertible Mustang pulled into her driveway and the passenger knocked on the door asking for “Ms. Anderson”. When the resident told the person there was no one there by that name, the suspect left.
About an hour later, while patrolling the area, a member of the Boca Raton Police Tactical Team noticed a blue Mustang matching the description of the suspicious vehicle reported earlier. A check of the license plate revealed that the car was rented, and the officer noticed the windows were tinted very dark. The Mustang turned left and headed north on Congress Ave, before making a u-turn to head back to Yamato Rd. Officers pulled over the vehicle on Yamato Rd.
The two occupants gave conflicting stories; one said they were heading to the mall, while the other said they were just “rolling around”. A search of the Mustang turned up small quantities of marijuana, burglary tools, and a pillow case of stolen jewelry from a home burglary in another jurisdiction.
The driver, Adrian Brown, was driving with a suspended driver’s license and was arrested by the Boca Raton Police Department on May 15th for Loitering & Prowling. On that date, Brown was stopped in a different rental vehicle in the same neighborhood.
Brown and his passenger, Keith Scott, were both charged with Loitering & Prowling, Possession of Burglary Tools, Possession of Marijuana and Drug Paraphernalia, and Grand Theft for being in possession of the stolen jewelry. In addition, Brown was charged with Driving with a Suspended License and was issued a citation for window tint violations.
(Photo: Adrian Brown, 9/21/81, Lauderdale Lakes. Courtesy Boca Raton PD).
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASSIVE JUMP: Palm Beach County Schools Now Report 829 COVID-19 Cases
- Boca Center Sues High End Clothing Shop Over $119,000 In Back Rent
- FLORIDA WEATHER: Cold In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, South Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Superintendent Tells Parents Nothing Will Change Second Semester
- WHERE IS SHE? Boca Police Looking For Marilyn Ruddy
- Jewish Family Services In Boca Donated 500 Meals For Thanksgiving
- Chick-fil-A To Open In West Boca Raton, Will Feed 100 Local Heroes Free For A Year
- FLORIDA: DeSantis Says Lockdowns Do Nothing, Social Distancing Not Needed, State Hits 999,319 Infections
- DESANTIS: VIRTUAL LEARNING TO CONTINUE SPRING SEMESTER