BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Wrong place, wrong time for a man police say was up to no good in the area of 301 West Camino Gardens Blvd. Boca detectives were already on the scene — conducting surveillance in the area — when they say they saw Jean Saintilu loitering and prowling behind a closed business.
According to police:
After waiting several minutes for the male to reappear, detectives walked around the building looking for him. As they rounded the rear of the building, they saw part of the male’s body from behind the wall of the second story landing of the stairwell. As detectives continued to watch, the male appeared to have realized he was being watched and he went down the stairs. He then walked rapidly across the street to a nearby retail plaza. Detectives caught up with him on the south side of the building, where he was identified as Jean Saintilus.
When detectives spoke with Saintilus, he told them that, although he lives in the area, he was just “chilling” on the staircase. Saintilus told detectives that he had no lawful reason for being behind the business. Detectives checked the businesses and found no evidence of a crime. However, the area where Sainilus was seen provides access to the flat roof area that leads to the second floor windows.
Detectives arrested Saintilus and charged him with loitering and prowling.
(Photo: Jean Santilus | Boca Raton | DOB 07/03/1985 | Booking photo courtesy Boca Raton Police Dept.)
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly