BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Clerk and Comptroller, Sharon Bock, is hoping to help Palm Beach County homeowners facing foreclosure but reviewing the “Mortgage Debt Forgiveness Act of 2007.” If you believe you could benefit from the Act, read on to learn when and where Bock will be hosting a public forum.
We’re halfway into 2012 and have 6 more months before the Mortgage Debt Forgiveness Act of 2007 expires at the end of the year. The act forgives tax debt on short sales completed on principal residences before 2013. There’s no guarantee the terms of the act will be extended past their expiration date, and homeowners who are considering a short sale are advised to start sooner rather than later. In order to qualify, the short sale must be completed before the end of 2013 so the process should be started as early as possible.
The Mortgage Debt Forgiveness Act is a great incentive for homeowners to list their homes NOW and an excellent tool for Realtors working with homeowners who are “on the fence” about doing a short sale. Six months flies by after listing the home, finding a buyer, compiling the short sale package, negotiating with the lender and closing!
Attend the Free Avoiding Foreclosure Seminar with Palm Beach County Clerk of the Courts Sharon Bock, Monday June 18 6 to 8 p.m. Lakeside Terrace, 7880 Glades Road(at the Turnpike behind City Fish Market) RSVP to561.945.0000. Refreshments will be served.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Corey Zeidman, Boca Raton Poker Pro, Indicted On Federal Fraud Charges
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH: ANOTHER HOMEOWNER HEADS TO FEDERAL PRISON
- BREAKING: TWO DEAD IN FIREY CRASH ON I-95, ROAD CLOSED
- Tri-Rail Train Hits, Kills Pedestrian Late Wednesday Morning In South Florida
- If You’re Looking For Kelley McIsaac, She’s In Jail, And We Know Why
- Tri-Rail Service Resumes Following Massive System Failure
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County Public School Year Ends Thursday
- Train Strikes, Kills Man South Of Boca Raton, Roads Closed
- FOURTEEN STUDENTS DEAD IN TEXAS SCHOOL SHOOTING, ONE TEACHER