PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County Clerk and Comptroller Sharon Bock is responding to questions from BocaNewsNow.com regarding her appearance tonight an event sponsored by a real estate agent.
As we reported over the weekend, Bock is participating in a forum to discuss the Mortgage Debt Forgiveness Act of 2007. What we did not know, however, when the event was submitted to us for publcation is that it was sponsored by the Ragbir Team/Keyes Company Realtors.
We asked Bock to comment on the appropriateness of an elected official supporting a local realty firm that, through press releases for the event, states “Never has it been more important to have a local market advocate on your side.” The press release does not dissuade the impression that Bock is endorsing Ragbir Team/Keyes Company Realty as being that advocate.
In a statement emailed to BocaNewsNow.com, Bock said:
“As the Clerk & Comptroller, my office is the gateway to the court system and all foreclosure actions are filed through our office. Currently, there are 39,000 pending foreclosure cases. Because of our role in the processing of foreclosures, I was asked to speak about the Clerk & Comptroller’s role in handling these cases, and the information and services the office provides to plaintiffs and defendants in foreclosure cases. As a public servant, this is a topic that I am frequently asked to speak on, and do so in many venues – whether it’s to the Bar Association, Realtors Association, neighborhood groups and condo associations throughout Palm Beach County.”
Bock did not differentiate between the Realtor’s Association — a trade group — and a local for-profit real estate agency.
Bock is seeking a third term as Palm Beach County Clerk and Comptroller. The primary election is set for August.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation