BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Just in from the Boca Raton Police Department:
Members of the Boca Raton Police Services Department are mourning the death of Chief Charles A. McCutcheon. Chief McCutcheon started with the Department on October 1, 1956. He served as a detective, detective sergeant, lieutenant and assistant chief before becoming chief in 1970. He served as chief until 1980.
In 1959, Chief McCutcheon attended the Federal Bureau of Investigation National Academy. In 1968, Chief McCutcheon was one of nine officers chosen nationwide to study law enforcement for a year as a fellow of the U.S. Department of Justice under the Law Enforcement Act.
He held a master’s degree in public administration from the John J. College of Criminal Justice at the City University of New York and a bachelor’s degree in political science from the Florida Atlantic University. At the age of 41, Chief McCutcheon became the fifth police chief for the City of Boca Raton.
Chief McCutcheon developed and shaped a police culture defined by progressive thinking and innovation. He reorganized the department to be more efficient and effective, fought for competitive wages and benefits, and was a standard bearer for education in policing. Chief McCutcheon was a stalwart supporter of the Police Athletic League and their annual golf tournament bears his name.
Chief McCutcheon was the principal architect of our Police Department.He was quoted as saying, “We’re very fortunate to have the caliber of personnel that we have.” This statement truly applies today, largely because of the foundation he established so many years ago. We are keeping the McCutcheon family in our thoughts and prayers.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies