It happened in the 4900 block of Northwest 3rd Avenue.
From Boca PD:
Shortly before 1:00 pm, a neighbor heard a loud car. When she looked outside, she saw a suspicious person at the rear of her neighbor’s residence. The person was trying to open a door to the home.
Realizing something wasn’t quite right, the neighbor called the Boca Raton Police Services Department. Responding officers found an open rear door, searched the house, but found no one inside the home. At the same time, another BRPD officer saw a male matching the suspect’s description cutting between two houses. That suspect, Doerksen Hiebert, was stopped and a search turned up coins and jewelry. The homeowner was contacted and upon his arrival, confirmed the property on the suspect belonged to him. The original caller was able to identify Hiebert as the suspect she saw in her neighbor’s backyard.
The suspect, Doerksen Hiebert (shown, courtesy Boca Raton PD), was charged with Burglary of a Dwelling and Grand Theft.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges
- Robert Weinroth, Vice PBC Mayor, Blasts Local Vaccine Distribution
- Boca Raton Stopped Key COVID Report Just Before Presidential Election
- Omni Middle School Violent Bullying Leads To Lawsuit
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge
- Biden Battles DeSantis Over FEMA COVID Shot Camps
- Boca Raton’s Dean Formica Killed In Crash
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days