It happened in the 4900 block of Northwest 3rd Avenue.
From Boca PD:
Shortly before 1:00 pm, a neighbor heard a loud car. When she looked outside, she saw a suspicious person at the rear of her neighbor’s residence. The person was trying to open a door to the home.
Realizing something wasn’t quite right, the neighbor called the Boca Raton Police Services Department. Responding officers found an open rear door, searched the house, but found no one inside the home. At the same time, another BRPD officer saw a male matching the suspect’s description cutting between two houses. That suspect, Doerksen Hiebert, was stopped and a search turned up coins and jewelry. The homeowner was contacted and upon his arrival, confirmed the property on the suspect belonged to him. The original caller was able to identify Hiebert as the suspect she saw in her neighbor’s backyard.
The suspect, Doerksen Hiebert (shown, courtesy Boca Raton PD), was charged with Burglary of a Dwelling and Grand Theft.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month