It happened in the 4900 block of Northwest 3rd Avenue.
From Boca PD:
Shortly before 1:00 pm, a neighbor heard a loud car. When she looked outside, she saw a suspicious person at the rear of her neighbor’s residence. The person was trying to open a door to the home.
Realizing something wasn’t quite right, the neighbor called the Boca Raton Police Services Department. Responding officers found an open rear door, searched the house, but found no one inside the home. At the same time, another BRPD officer saw a male matching the suspect’s description cutting between two houses. That suspect, Doerksen Hiebert, was stopped and a search turned up coins and jewelry. The homeowner was contacted and upon his arrival, confirmed the property on the suspect belonged to him. The original caller was able to identify Hiebert as the suspect she saw in her neighbor’s backyard.
The suspect, Doerksen Hiebert (shown, courtesy Boca Raton PD), was charged with Burglary of a Dwelling and Grand Theft.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High