It happened in the 4900 block of Northwest 3rd Avenue.
From Boca PD:
Shortly before 1:00 pm, a neighbor heard a loud car. When she looked outside, she saw a suspicious person at the rear of her neighbor’s residence. The person was trying to open a door to the home.
Realizing something wasn’t quite right, the neighbor called the Boca Raton Police Services Department. Responding officers found an open rear door, searched the house, but found no one inside the home. At the same time, another BRPD officer saw a male matching the suspect’s description cutting between two houses. That suspect, Doerksen Hiebert, was stopped and a search turned up coins and jewelry. The homeowner was contacted and upon his arrival, confirmed the property on the suspect belonged to him. The original caller was able to identify Hiebert as the suspect she saw in her neighbor’s backyard.
The suspect, Doerksen Hiebert (shown, courtesy Boca Raton PD), was charged with Burglary of a Dwelling and Grand Theft.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- New Voting Rules: Palm Beach County Holds Town Hall Meeting Thursday
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Almost In “Green” COVID Zone
- POLICE: Sexual Predator Moves To West Boca Raton
- SILENCE: Emmitt Smith, The Boca Raton Silent On “Go Pink” Controversy
- REVEALED: We Have New Palm Beach School Superintendent’s Salary
- UPDATE: Delray Man Added Police Lights To Explorer, Pulled Over Cars In Boca Raton
- Teen Allegedly Attacked At Boynton Beach High Sues School Board
- Two Teens Missing, Police Seek Tips
- SUPER SPREADER? Emmitt Smith’s Boca Regional Go Pink Speech May Lead To Deaths