LAKE WORTH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Eddie Fisher, 59, of Edmond, Oklahoma, died while diving off the Lake Worth Inlet, according to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office. He was pulled from the water late yesterday afternoon and was rushed St. Mary’s Medical Center where he was later pronounced dead.
His identity was made public a short time ago.
Here’s the official release from PBSO:
On Thursday, June 21, 2012, shortly after 12:00 pm, PBSO Marine Unit was called to assist the Coast Guard, FWC and the commercial diving vessel Sirena in the search of a missing diver off the Lake Worth Inlet. Numerous search patterns were conducted. Master divers from the Sirena completed numerous dives during the search. On the final dive the missing diver was located, by one of the mater divers, in approximately 70 – 75 feet of water. The missing diver was brought to the surface and immediately lifted on the Sirena where he was given immediate CPR. He was then transported to the Riviera Beach Marina where Riviera Beach Fire Rescue continued rescue operations and transported him by ambulance to St. Mary’s Medical Center.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County School Bus Drivers Infected With COVID As Numbers Climb District Wide
- Florida Adds 58,865 COVID-19 Cases In Just One Week
- Boca Raton Woman Pepper Sprays Husband As He Disciplines Daughter
- Mizner Park Tenants Sued For Unpaid Rent, Now Planet Blue Faces Eviction
- Police Seek Deerfield Beach Man Wanted For Manslaughter
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant
- REAL ESTATE WARNING: FAU Professor Says U.S. Housing Market Peaking, South Florida Overvalued
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students