LAKE WORTH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Eddie Fisher, 59, of Edmond, Oklahoma, died while diving off the Lake Worth Inlet, according to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office. He was pulled from the water late yesterday afternoon and was rushed St. Mary’s Medical Center where he was later pronounced dead.
His identity was made public a short time ago.
Here’s the official release from PBSO:
On Thursday, June 21, 2012, shortly after 12:00 pm, PBSO Marine Unit was called to assist the Coast Guard, FWC and the commercial diving vessel Sirena in the search of a missing diver off the Lake Worth Inlet. Numerous search patterns were conducted. Master divers from the Sirena completed numerous dives during the search. On the final dive the missing diver was located, by one of the mater divers, in approximately 70 – 75 feet of water. The missing diver was brought to the surface and immediately lifted on the Sirena where he was given immediate CPR. He was then transported to the Riviera Beach Marina where Riviera Beach Fire Rescue continued rescue operations and transported him by ambulance to St. Mary’s Medical Center.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School