LAKE WORTH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Eddie Fisher, 59, of Edmond, Oklahoma, died while diving off the Lake Worth Inlet, according to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office. He was pulled from the water late yesterday afternoon and was rushed St. Mary’s Medical Center where he was later pronounced dead.
His identity was made public a short time ago.
Here’s the official release from PBSO:
On Thursday, June 21, 2012, shortly after 12:00 pm, PBSO Marine Unit was called to assist the Coast Guard, FWC and the commercial diving vessel Sirena in the search of a missing diver off the Lake Worth Inlet. Numerous search patterns were conducted. Master divers from the Sirena completed numerous dives during the search. On the final dive the missing diver was located, by one of the mater divers, in approximately 70 – 75 feet of water. The missing diver was brought to the surface and immediately lifted on the Sirena where he was given immediate CPR. He was then transported to the Riviera Beach Marina where Riviera Beach Fire Rescue continued rescue operations and transported him by ambulance to St. Mary’s Medical Center.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA: Local Pediatricians Not Sure They’ll Offer COVID-19 Shot To Young Kids
- Vehicular Homicide Charge For Boca Raton’s Christopher Gallon
- BOCA WEST SUED OVER DEAD GOLF CART DRIVER
- Housing Markets NOT Slowing, According To New Study By FAU, FIU Professors
- Boca Raton’s Marshal Seeman Owes American Express $225,000
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Off Northeast Coast
- FIRE TRUCK CRASH: Who Is At Fault In Boca Raton Fire Truck Rollover? County Silent.
- FLORIDA: Student Brings Tasers, Marijuana Edibles To Area School
- QUITTING? “The Great Resignation” Won’t Forever Help Job Seekers, Says FAU Prof.